robrado974

Taking apart the cig lighter .

Is this possible ?.After removing the bulb and holder , I can't see if it comes apart . The reason for this , is because of the green ring , I'm trying to go all red with the alluminations in the cabin . I'm trying to get as much info on doing this mod as I can , as Rog will be helping me and two heads are better than one so to speak . .

Many thanks

Rob

Yes it does. You need to lift the tabs around the ring slightly and pull the metal bit out. You can get a red/orange ring from an audi or a Seat (I believe). I did the same in my car quite a few years back but want a blue to match the other lights!

I've tried Hasan , but the bulb holder clip wants to come with it ? . Am I trying to place a knife under the green ring and pull it away from the case ?

Sorry Rob, my bad explanation.

There are two lugs on the inside of the socket and these need to be slightly levered inwards. Once they're away you can pull the ring off. It actually moves DOWN the socket rather than OFF it, if that makes sense? I'm travelling at the moment but when I'm back I'll take some pics for you if you haven't managed to sort it out by then.

The other thing you need to watch out for is the bulb connection which also clicks into place. This can be lifted with a small jewellers screwdriver.

Yeah , I've got both parts of the bulb holder off now . Just gently struggling with the rest of it lol . Thanks Hasan .

Sorry Hasan . The Seat , lighter you mentioned , I've looked on flea bay . Not sure if they are the same ? Or am I just buying it to remove the red filter ? .

Rob

Hi Rob. Yes its to remove the red ring. Not sure if the whole unit fits. Best to ask the seller for some pics to compare. Can't remember whether mine was from an audi or seat.

Glad you managed to take it all apart though.