kevinbowe2000

Store or Sell Dilemma

I have found myself in a bit of a predicament.

I have started a new job that is taking over all my time (except for right now obviously) and the cars MOT is due on Jan 16th.

It will not pass right now, it needs a bit of work including installation of US style side indicators (not too difficult a job).

The problem is that I have no time to do any of the work and to pay for a garage to do it all would be a fortune (and cheating).

I have found a place near my home that can store her for £45 a month, same as my current insurance payment, but am unsure when I will get the time to work on her. Might be a good couple of months, potentially a year or more.

It has been my daily for the past 2 years, and love her to bits. I cannot decide if I should sell her to someone that has the time and enjoy the car, or store it until I have the time.

Realistically, if I dont have to pay for her storage (sell her), I could save and buy one in better condition further down the line.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be most appreciated.

Anyone been in my situation before and regretted their decision?

i sold my valver quite a few years ago & regretted it the moment it drove off

i brought it back last year & though it was mostly still my old car the huge folder of history it had & the Kamei front spoiler had gone missing

that said it brings a smile to me every day now :D

though it cost a pretty penny to get it back on the road with all the work that was carried out, & all of my time spent hunting & refurb'ing parts to get it back to how it was (or better than) when i first owned it, i am building up a new history file

tough decision you have ahead but bear in mind also that if you store it & it is left standing a long time then it is likely to need a few £'s spent on it when it comes out of storage.

good luck whatever you choose

I think it depends on the car. If it's a really good example (MOT issues aside), a low miler, or has some desirable options I reckon it'd be worth hanging onto. If the car is a bit tired and needs some major work in a number of places, I'd probably consider letting it go.

Prices are firming up no doubt, but the less decent stuff still seems to be commanding low prices with only the really good cars fetching strong money.

But either way it's not a great time of year to sell so I'd definitely consider the storage option for a few months at least, then re-evaluate.

£45 a month is a steal for storage!

I know how you feel though - I have days where I decide 100% the Corrado has to go, other days where I think I don't know if I could live without it....

I would definitely give it a few more months - it's a better time to sell but it's amazing what a bit of a drive on a sunny day does when it comes to selling a car

I kind of see my predicament like this - my Corrado is like the mrs you've been through thick and thin with, getting on a bit but still a tidy bit of stuff for her age whereas my 911 is like a 22 year old lap dancer I'm having a terribly sordid affair with. Now, do I leave the family home and throw my lot in with the lap dancer (ie sell the Corrado) or do I just wait until the lap dancer has rinsed me of all my cash and cleared off with someone else and go crawling back to my dependable mrs that's always been there for me...

£45 a month is indeed cheap for storage and I'd prefer to store mine than sell however....

That's £540 a year then add your insurance and you are up to £1080, They aren't going up that much in price.

£45 a month is indeed cheap for storage and I'd prefer to store mine than sell however....

That's £540 a year then add your insurance and you are up to £1080, They aren't going up that much in price.

Laid up insurance ain't that much. All you need Is zero miles fire and theft. That's all mine is.

You've got to really love the corrado, that corrado in particular, to pay to store one.

If it was me, I'd sell and just get a better one at a later date.... unless you're really attached to the one you've got.