Horatio2712

Yorkshire floods

VW corrado 2.0 16v

Hi. hit a flood without no sign warning one night on the way back from work.. After a week later and an bill for £100 ...she manages to start but goes all lumpy after running static for 2mins. I've tried taking her down the road and back but it was hard to find any power or high revs.

Parts changed:

Spark plugs,coil,rotar arm and distributer cap and air filter.

I would be grateful if anyone could help. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Horatio2712

No i have not messed with the timing ... I'm not sure about the leads being in the right order. Thanks

Edited by Horatio2712

No i have not messed with the timing ... I'm not sure about the leads being in the right order. Thanks

Long shot... Fuel contaminated with water??

I had something similar with my 2.0 16v about 5 years ago. I bought an additive for the fuel which helps absorb any moisture in the tank (god knows how cause.. where does it go?!) but it did seem to cure itself eventually after a bit of perseverance.

I also wondered if it might be moisture in the lambda probe given it's position on the car (on the underside). The lambda only becomes active after the car is up to a certain temperature which would probably account for it starting and running OK for the first couple of minutes?

Just stick with it - keep trying to run it and I think it will eventually clear.

Id use a compressorwith an air attachmemt on and blow any water out of all the contacts before spraying with contact spray

Have you looked in the air box and checked the filter ? Id try stick a dehumidifyer at the front of the car for a few days aswell to see if you can draw any moisture out from anywhere

Hi

Why did you change the airfilter was it wet?

If it was do a compression test

Leads are in the right order. Tried contact spray. Added fuel injector cleaner. Check earth strap but nothing. Car runs but at very low revs. Tried revving it up but nothing...

Did you adjust the timing on the dizzy when I changed all mine it threw it out and I had to advance it otherwise it just wouldn't pick up atall.