gripper924

Sunroof broken

A couple of years ago the sunroof jammed and the manual allen key override failed to work. The local garage got the roof back in position but I never did anything about repairing it.

Does anyone know a reasonably priced person who would repair the mechanism?

I understand it is a good few hours work, so maybe a VW tech 'out of hours'?

Has anyone else paid to get one repaired?

Comments, as always, very appreciated.

regards.

The hardest bit is finding the replacement parts. Obsolete so find a breaker.. or the Easier route is to go with a mk3 golf. Lots of info on here to help you choose which way you want to go. I managed to repair mine with the parts from a mk3 luckily. Its not always that easy.

Thanks for the reply. If doesn't sound easy which is why I would rather pay to have it fixed.

Is it an identical sunroof and mechanism on a mark 3 Golf then?

The mk3 golf unit is a direct replacement and if it is a later corrado the motor plug is the rectangular perfect fit. What the golf mechanism can not do is to tilt or slide the inner corrado trim panel. I managed to change some of the slider parts after a complete clean and overhaul to rescue my 2nd corrado version. The glass roof panel of the golf isn't the perfect contoured fit. Ask on here what people use as the moonroof. (Passat or golf)

Many thanks - it sounds a bit more complicated than I first thought. I would probably try and find one from a breaker yard and get someone to fit it - who can fit it for a reasonable price is the question.

Hopefully somebody will read this and have an answer!

thanks.