blackrs2000custom

Buying advice for a newbie

Thats a good budget, and you should find something close to that mileage for the price should one become available. And there is the thing, tidy cars sub 80k miles don't come up very often, and you're likely to have to travel far and wide to get it.

Thanks for replying, I see a few dealers are selling expensive corrados but I know they are trying it on with a 2.5k premium on top I know they have overheads bur I would rather travel and find my own

Al the best finding one - they are out there - took me a while to find mine with 55k on it and I had to travel a reasonable distance and pay just over £6k just over a year ago.

Its not completely fault free but what 20 year old car is but its been well looked after and is still has its original paint work.

But they are worth waiting for a good one as there are a lot of not so good ones out there

Provided the car has been well looked after and has a comprehensive, documented history, I wouldn't obsess about finding a low miler. Surely better to pay a little less for one with mileage a little higher than your budget, and have a little bit left in the war chest to fix any niggles or tidy up any blemishes :)

Provided the car has been well looked after and has a comprehensive, documented history, I wouldn't obsess about finding a low miler. Surely better to pay a little less for one with mileage a little higher than your budget, and have a little bit left in the war chest to fix any niggles or tidy up any blemishes :)

good point Jim

those with experience on here know a low miler can potentially raise just as many problems as a high miler