marks2

Time to get the G60 back on the road

In the last 3 years i've managed to clock up no more than 400 miles so i'm determined to get the G60 back on the road in 2016.

So the first job on the list is a service before the MOT.

So i'm thinking

- Oil + filter change

- Brake fluid change

- Cam belt + water pump

- Charger timing belt

Have i missed anything obvious?

Aux belt for the PAS pump won't hurt and with the brake fluid change its 500ml per corner for non ABS cars and 600ml per corner for ABS ones as per the book for a fluid cx.

New set of brake pads might not be a bad idea as they may have glazed and discs would benefit from a skim if they are badly rusted up.

Might as well do the coolant whilst the water pump is in bits too.

Aux Belt added to the list (thanks).

I fitted new discs and pads in the summer so they are good.

I'd planned on changing the water pump with the cam belt (seems foolish not to) so coolant will have to be drained / replaced.

Check both the oil feed and return to the charger are in good condition. Worth replacing the main oil feed if it has sat for a while. 400 miles in 3 years is unacceptable lol. I've done 15,000 in 2 years in mine.

Thanks everyone.

Plugs, air + fuel filter added to list (I knew there were a few items I had forgotten).

Check both the oil feed and return to the charger are in good condition. Worth replacing the main oil feed if it has sat for a while. 400 miles in 3 years is unacceptable lol. I've done 15,000 in 2 years in mine.

I'm determined to get the G60 back on the road in the spring and run it around until the summer but longer term who knows....it may go back up for sale. I've come to the conclusion that I just don't have the time to look after 3 cars these days.