Sign in to follow this  
Dubbabe80

WHAT CAR INSURANCE??????

:( PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!! :(

I've not even bought my first corrado and can't get insured!!!

I've had a customised beetle for the past 5 years and that was hard enough getting insured on that!

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW WHO WILL INSURE ME?

I'm 23, I've got 1 years no claims (due to a stupid mistake of mine) and I'm looking to insure a corrado 1.8 16v 1990, that's been lowered.

I keep getting told that I can't be insured because of the car and my age and I'm getting really fu**ed off!

HELP

There's loads of threads on here about insurance... Try doing a search for "insurance" and you'll find loads of discussions... 8)

Here's a quick link with a load of contact numbers in it... 8)

*edit* nuts, beaten to it! :roll: :lol: 8)

If no-one else will insure you then go for Tesco as they insure anybody on any car.. I had to do this on my first year of Golf G60 (LHD) ownership as no-one else would touch me (I was 23 with 1 years ncb) and ended up paying £1400!!

Now a year later with an extra years NCB, I am insured with Greenlight insurance at £800 Fully Comp. :D

Go -->Here for some insurance discoount :D

gor for HIC.

pain inthe ar5e to get through to on the phone, but they'll be cheaper than anyone else, and they'll understand what you're on about for mods too, and they usually only load the premuim up for engine mods and power increases.

I've just ditched HIC - useless phone system, and a £1200 quote for the VR6.... clean license, 8yrs no claims :roll:

Elephant were cheap, £650 but I think I'm going with Chris Knott for £720

I'd recommend HIC, very good, very helpful. Phone service isn't great, so be prepared to hold for 15/20 minutes

I've just ditched HIC - useless phone system, and a £1200 quote for the VR6.... clean license, 8yrs no claims :roll:

Snap mate.... got a quote from them for around £650 before I started the final major work on my Corrado to make sure I could afford to insure it. They said wouldn't change too much over the following 3 months... until I got the renewal through which was £1109.24! Not too much of a change there then... :roll: :mad: The best they could get it down to was £930 so I told 'em where they could shove their quote... I'm now with Flux and paying £780 with all the same benefits I got from HIC and, by the sounds of things, none of their new hassles... :roll: 8)

Snap mate.... got a quote from them for around £650 before I started the final major work on my Corrado to make sure I could afford to insure it. They said wouldn't change too much over the following 3 months... until I got the renewal through which was £1109.24! Not too much of a change there then... :roll: :mad: The best they could get it down to was £930 so I told 'em where they could shove their quote... I'm now with Flux and paying £780 with all the same benefits I got from HIC and, by the sounds of things, none of their new hassles... :roll: 8)

I was with Hic last year, when my renewal came though it wasn't as low as I thought it would be. I ended up going to Adrian flux, who buggered me about loads, so I cancelled the policy & went back to Hic who then gave me a much better quote. Imo I do think Hic's customer services are much better - when you actually get though to them!

Bugbabe80, i had the exact same problem when i was still a CorradoWannabe!

I was planning to buy my 1.8 16V 1991 Corrado that had been lowered 35mm and had alloys + different exhaust and Direct Line refussed to insure anyone under 25 on a car that had been lowered!!! In the end i had to go with Elephant, but the insurance is £1500 - my dad is over 50 with 9 years ncb and is the first named driver i am 22 with 0 ncb and only had my license less than 2 years - but its ridiculous that it should cost so much just cos its been lowered and has some decent wheels on - direct line would insure me on an unmodified one for under £700!

I had a bad experience though - was quoted around £850 - then when it came to ordering the policy ended up being £1500 cos i was using the car for commuting n other stupid things! So dont expect it to be cheap is all i'll say as a warning! :(

I second the recommendation on Chris Knott. I believe they give a discount to Corrado Club of Great Britain members as well, so it might be worth calling them up on that premise. As a 25 year old with 7 years NCB (protected) I got £500 fully comp on a 2.0l 16v.

Good luck,

Tom

Bugbabe80, Just to add one more post for you to trawl through....Norwich Union I hear will insure anything / anyone! according to broker I got talking to one day. (not the same as Norwich Union Direct, who are t#ssers IMO)

i'm 25, been driving 3 years, got 2 years no claims although i wrote off my last car a year ago (protected 1 year no claims with last insurance) no points, and live in a fairly high rated area insurance-wise. cars a 1.8 16v with a manifold back exhaust, K&N panel and some body mods.

oh, i asked about future mods (planning to lower it as soon as i have the cash) and the guy said it'd probably cost me about £40 on the premium 8)

im 25 with 4yrs N/C

i`m currently with adrian flux £550 (with exhaust that i told them about 18 months ago but when i rang them today to include lowering they had no record of any mods!!!!) so standard!

to include exhaust&shocks it went to £628, salvage retention only on class c&d total loss

Rang HIC and the same policy was £640 with similar benefits (+agreed value, bit of stereo)

only half way through my policy so not changing yet but i`ll ring closer to the time to see any differences

the two are pretty close

me mate got a cracking deal from HIC on his golf 8v with rallye engine-£350ish (similar age an stuff!)

maybe paying for it cos its a coupe?? or cos of profession fitness instructor vs computor programmer????

no-one else seems to come close though! (ring AA for a laugh, they promise to beat others-quote: £1100 yeah right! :lol: )

Cheers for the info Chris!

On the subject of insurance a guy on Autotrader was selling a Corrado 8V and he started off the adds with the words "The insurable one!" - a very shrewd bit of marketing i thought :lol:

Cheers for the info Chris!

On the subject of insurance a guy on Autotrader was selling a Corrado 8V and he started off the adds with the words "The insurable one!" - a very shrewd bit of marketing i thought :lol:

well not entirely true.........IIRC the 1.8 16v is the lowest grouped Corrado......and its got more power than the 8v :wink: