MZpog

The Yin/Yang of Corrado ownership.

Firstly the Yang:-

On my commute home I met a Toyota GT 86 that pulled across a crossroads in front of me and I turned left behind it. The road in question is what I refer to as the rally section (see image) and is a tree lined country road with some sharp bends. The Toyota wanted to play and couldn't loose the trusty valver despite his best efforts. It was great to see the Toyota get out of shape, loosing the back end several times, whilst the Corrado held it's composure and gripped for England (well probably for Germany). I was grinning like a Cheshire cat when I got home after being reminded why I love this car.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83070[/ATTACH]

Then the Yin:-

Took the old girl to my mechanic for her 3000 mile oil/filter change and for him to have a mooch round the cooling system to hopefully find the source of my slight coolant drop. All goes well, oil is drained, suspect hose/clamps removed and cleaned up, all bolted together and time for fluids. Oil filled, coolant filled, runs car to bleed the system, pumps top hose and bloody top pipe from radiator fractures off. Suppose its better to fracture whilst in the garage, but still frustrating. New radiator going on tonight all being well.

Here's hoping I find that Toyota again, but this time him behind to see if he can stick with me. :)

Firstly the Yang:-

On my commute home I met a Toyota GT 86 that pulled across a crossroads in front of me and I turned left behind it. The road in question is what I refer to as the rally section (see image) and is a tree lined country road with some sharp bends. The Toyota wanted to play and couldn't loose the trusty valver despite his best efforts. It was great to see the Toyota get out of shape, loosing the back end several times, whilst the Corrado held it's composure and gripped for England (well probably for Germany). I was grinning like a Cheshire cat when I got home after being reminded why I love this car.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83070[/ATTACH]

Then the Yin:-

Took the old girl to my mechanic for her 3000 mile oil/filter change and for him to have a mooch round the cooling system to hopefully find the source of my slight coolant drop. All goes well, oil is drained, suspect hose/clamps removed and cleaned up, all bolted together and time for fluids. Oil filled, coolant filled, runs car to bleed the system, pumps top hose and bloody top pipe from radiator fractures off. Suppose its better to fracture whilst in the garage, but still frustrating. New radiator going on tonight all being well.

Here's hoping I find that Toyota again, but this time him behind to see if he can stick with me. :)

definitely a YAY & BOO post lol

agree at least the pipe went when it was with the mechanic, rather than causing a rescue needed

good work with the GT too, they are promoted as a 'drivers' car & great to hear your trusty valver treated you well!

I had similar a couple of years ago, on similar type road section too, but with a sierra rs cosworth. he was in front & seriously giving it as many beans as he could but I was all over the back of him in my VR. so much so that when the twisty sections turned to a straight he pulled over, waved me past & gave me a big grin & thumbs up lol

however, it gave me great pleasure to spank a Porsche cayenne pepper twice from a standing start last week!!! :D

oh how the salesman tried to impress what looked like a potential customer in the passenger seat of the porker Chelsea tractor (i work very close to a porches dealer) & oh how my 20 year old VR whooped him twice at 2 separate sets of traffic lights!

Zero to 40mph [ish] as that was the road speed limit & has speed cameras along it

the silly bugger was even behind me on his 2nd attempt, despite failing miserably on his 1st when he was along side me lol

i wasnt going to boot it at the 2nd set of lights but when he floored it & pulled into the left hand lane i couldn't resist but show him up again & let the 6 cylinders howl up to by the red line in 1st & 2nd.

then i grinned like a Cheshire cat & was laughing like mad as we both slowed alongside each other for the speed camera & i waved at them pmsl

yes it was likely a base model but god damn it was fun out run such a modern motor (even though i detest Chelsea tractors - buy a proper 4*4 like a defender!!)

My mechanic works for Toyota so I told him all about it. My only regret is that it was dark and the guy in front (Toyota pun)probably couldn't see it was a 23 year old car that was giving him a hard time.

I think a Porsche would have battered my valver as it's not that quick off the line. I'd race one with the BMW I bought myself for Xmas though as that's got a 0-60 time of 2.6 seconds. :)

My mechanic works for Toyota so I told him all about it. My only regret is that it was dark and the guy in front (Toyota pun)probably couldn't see it was a 23 year old car that was giving him a hard time.

I think a Porsche would have battered my valver as it's not that quick off the line. I'd race one with the BMW I bought myself for Xmas though as that's got a 0-60 time of 2.6 seconds. :)

ha ha yeah it would have been nice for the GT to know

i was definitely glad i was in the VR not the valver lol

blimey!! 2.6!! prey tell? what beast be that?

ha ha yeah it would have been nice for the GT to know

i was definitely glad i was in the VR not the valver lol

blimey!! 2.6!! prey tell? what beast be that?

The beast.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83072[/ATTACH]

The beast.....

oooo you cheat! it has only got 2 bloody wheels ;) lol

& there was me picturing some V8 transplanted Z of some form

nice bike though m8. i always thought BMW bikes were a bit flat cap granddad style but that one looks like a tarmac weapon :D

oooo you cheat! it has only got 2 bloody wheels ;) lol

& there was me picturing some V8 transplanted Z of some form

nice bike though m8. i always thought BMW bikes were a bit flat cap granddad style but that one looks like a tarmac weapon :D

They used to be for flat cap wearing grandpa's and now can only be insured by them, lol.

My top hose let go in my G60 back in the summer. Luckily the flange still left me with 10mm of plastic to allow me to put the pipe back on. Filled it up with mineral water to get me home. The good thing is that the top hose outlet on the G60 comes off and can be replaced for a tenner.

I'm not a big road racer these days but I was coming out of town and still in the 30 mph limit just chilled and relaxed when I seen a big mercedes tanking up behind me and was going for the overtake. I stabbed it in 2nd and punched it. The merc got to about level with my wing mirror before the might of the g-lader put it in it's place. Him and his boy looked saddened as the had retreat. They got a good demonstration of the active spoiler doing its thing, I can only imagine how amazing it must have looked.

The beast.....

Nothing like a fast bike for putting supercars in their place off the line...... or the twisties if you're brave/skilled enough