John Blount

Conlog immobilizer

Do we know if Conlog immobilizes are standard on Corrado's ?

I've got one fitted to mine but I've only got one fob that I got with the car so if I loose it I'm in trouble.. Do we know if all the fobs are the same as I've looked at the control module and it's as basic as can be so I wouldn't have thought it needs programming for new fobs.

Is it a 90's car that any Conlog fob will start it or is it programmed via the ECU if it is an original VW one.

Can you still get Fob's?

Any ideas anyone??

They are a bit of a liability now.. They were not factory fit standard, but they were extremely common dealer-fit items.

You can't get the bits, full stop. Most people are having them ripped out.

Do we know if Conlog immobilizes are standard on Corrado's ?

I've got one fitted to mine but I've only got one fob that I got with the car so if I loose it I'm in trouble.. Do we know if all the fobs are the same as I've looked at the control module and it's as basic as can be so I wouldn't have thought it needs programming for new fobs.

Is it a 90's car that any Conlog fob will start it or is it programmed via the ECU if it is an original VW one.

Can you still get Fob's?

Any ideas anyone??

If its this style fob then they are available on ebay new from time to time for less than this second hand one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VW-GOLF-ETC-RF-RED-LED-TYPE-1-BUTTON-CONLOG-REMOTE-ALAR-KEY-FOB-KEY-/231836628810?

I have one of these fitted to my C , and it's playing up works ok for a few presses and then stops, also a new battery was fitted 2 days ago. Can i "switch" it off without having to rip it out?

It will need to be bypassed as they are set to auto immobilise after thirty seconds otherwise.

I found that despite the state of charge of the batteries, the contacts in the remote used to get corroded and stop the remote working. They also fell off once and I had to solder it back on. When it gets a reliable 7.5v supply though I did find it pretty reliable. Issue is that if it's getting 5v due to bad contacts the red light comes on making you think it's working but it ain't..

I must have an older version of this then as the fob I've got has no battery's at all, you just slot it into a socket in the dash, a couple of seconds pass and the LED above stays lit indicating it's read the chip and you can then start it.

How do the ones work that you have then? Push the button on the fob and it's like an alarm that sends a signal out?

Yes John thats it pretty much. I'm having to use the slot to get it to work. I"M no electrician so know nothing about wiring.

Edited by Ray1965