john46

Will a early sunroof cassette work in a late spec car ???

Hi I have a bought a sunroof cassette out of a 1992 Corrado will it work in my 1995 Corrado iv changed the motors over as they are different but will the late spec motor work in the early sunroof cassette any advice would be much appreciated

I'm going to say a big yes. Its a fun job. God luck

Yeah I know it's fun lol so will it work with the late spec motor on the the early cassette yeah :scratch:

Yeah I know it's fun lol so will it work with the late spec motor on the the early cassette yeah :scratch:

I have a feeling that that the early cassettes are different and won't work with late motors.

I have a feeling that that the early cassettes are different and won't work with late motors.

Oh great the motor bolts on the fixing bolts are in the same location Amy know for definate if the the late motors work on a early cassette cheers

The connecting plugs unfortunately are different.

Yeah I know that but the late spec motor fits the old spec cassette so the wiring would be fine as long as the motor works on the cassette

Edited by john46

I tried this without success - I couldn't get the late spec motor to fit the early spec cassette as there is a lug on the late motor that requires a cutout on the cassette, which the early cassette doesn't have. I ended up taking the working mechanism parts out of the early cassette and fitting to my late cassette, as the mechanism (sliders etc) are common. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Phil

The motor fits the cassette fine I will try it with the Alan key in the week to see if it tilts opens and shuts etc and go from there I want my sunroof to work would be easier not to use it a lot easier lol they are a Arse

Just a update I fitted the sunroof at the weekend it was water tight but today I decided to see if the sunroof worked and it does tilts and slides but it lets in water now it looks like it s shut right but is there a certain way to close them on the switch ? Was going to replace the seal but they are expensive amd I'm not sure if that is the issue of is is worth doing any help would be great

Is the sunroof aligned as per instructions I can't remember where in here I read it, but I'm sure it needs to be 1mm down at the front and slightly raised at the back (think it's 2mm)

Mine was happier when I adjusted it like that and made sure I had an even gap all around when looking from inside to out. I don't believe they are meant to be a water tight seal, that's why the interior panel should be closed to deflect the water that passes through onto the guide channels and out of the drain holes. Although I've found being parked on a steep slope can cause problems. And that's with a new seal.

But putting my new seal next to the old one it was obvious how it had worn.

I hope that helps

Yeah helps a bit cheers iv noticed when I lock the car with the key the sunroof goes down about a inch on its own should this happen ?

No. Does it close correctly on the switch.

When you press close does the sunroof fully close in the correct position and then stop doing anything b4 you let go off the switch, or are you letting go of the switch as soon as it's shut..

Just wondering if the motor is correctly aligned with the stop points.

There is info to do with aligning both sides of the track into specific positions b4 fitting the roof panel.

If the roof is sitting parallel you could adjust it manually to the correct closed position. Then try removing the motor from its frame and cycling through its different positions then back to close. Refit and see how it goes. But keep watch just to make sure all is moving freely.

I wish I could find the vw info on setting it up as it's really good. I'll keep looking but it was found on a Web search

Ok I'll try that tomorrow hopefully it don't rain lol if you could find that info that would be superb thanks again

After reading the vw guide, correction to what I wrote earlier, it's 1mm below roof line for the front of the sunroof AND 1MM ABOVE for the rear. Oops

I see that mate thanks will refer to that guide when im doing it at the weekend cheers for all your help will keep you posted