KARMANN

Switched live-which wire?

Hoping somebody can help me.

I have the car off the road just now while I address lots of little issues and have bodywork sorted.

I fitted a new bee sting aerial today, which has fm, dab and also requires a switched live feed. I'm wondering where the best options are to get the switched live from-radio or fusebox or elsewhere? And what colour of wires I'm looking for?

Cheers Fraser

I did this on my golf and ran it all the way from the aerial to the head unit and connected it there. That way I knew my aerial was on the same fuse as my radio, and I was running this cable in anyway. I'll look for a wiring diagram to give you the switched live colour .

I fitted the hirschmann aerial and it was perfectly OE and top quality. An easy job but I had to source the right adaptors at the head unit.

I think it's a Hirschmann one I've fitted from dabonwheels. Nice and OEM looking. That would be great if you could find a wiring diagram as it never came with any and the headunit instructions don't show anything either. The fm and dab are both done, just the switched live to do.

Fraser

I can't help. I've looked on different wiring diagrams and they state different colours. So the best way is to test using a multi meter. Sorry.

Ok, after a little bit of research it appears that out of the back of the headunit the blue wire is switched live for the aerial. Failing that what colour/colours are switched live from ignition? Brown/red?

Fraser

I thought the blue/white one was for the spoiler and shouldn't be connected to anything?

I'm pretty sure the Switched live (ignition)is Brown/Red

Cmalyan-yes on the cars loom I think the blue/white is for the spoiler. But on heady its its for the amp. I have an amp in the boot so might just tap into that if I can find a good spot. Thanks delfinis38!!

Fraser

It's confusing reading through posts and searches as generally they don't state what loom is being discussed and it's so easy to get confused.

F

Got stuck in to it today. Decided on tapping into the blue/white feed to the amp. I added a 500mA inline fuse for the aerial. Tested it and I'm really happy, sound quality is great on both fm and digital. The new aerial also ties in well with the car and doesn't look too different from OEM.