Wullie

Convertible rear screen

Not for a Corrado unfortunately but I know someone on the forum can give me an answer. The plastic rear screen on the car is crap in the rain, the drops just build up on it and makes it useless. Does anyone know of a Rain X type product that will work on a plastic screen? Rain X itself is not suitable for plastics.

Does the screen feel rough or smooth? I bought a polish off ebay to do the rear screen on our old audi cab, but tbh brasso would do just as good IMO.

We ended up replacing the rear screen anyway in the end due to the fact you couldn't see through it, the polish was a short term solution

Theres not a lot you can do if its discoloured or so scratched its misty, but have a look on detailingworld.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php

Have a look in the review section, and have a look on at the bottom where the detailing stores post up as they give DW forum discount if you register to be a member.

Worth trawling through the exterior or glass section to see if its been asked before, as others will have given recommendations.

Thanks guys. The screen is clear and not yellowed, looks like it has been replaced recently. It' just that when it rains the drops just lie on the plastic making visibility poor. At night about town it's like driving with a demented kaleidoscope behind you with the reflections. I see from the link above Rain X now have a plastic screen version so I'll give that a go. Suppose that's what I get for living in Scotland and buying a convertible.

Wullie

Thanks guys. The screen is clear and not yellowed, looks like it has been replaced recently. It' just that when it rains the drops just lie on the plastic making visibility poor. At night about town it's like driving with a demented kaleidoscope behind you with the reflections. I see from the link above Rain X now have a plastic screen version so I'll give that a go. Suppose that's what I get for living in Scotland and buying a convertible.

Wullie

Have a look here - interesting article - scroll down and there is a section of products for plastic rear screens (Plexus)

https://jeeps.thefuntimesguide.com/2006/04/cleanjeepwindow.php

Some reviews here

http://www.amazon.com/Plexus-Plastic-Cleaner-Protectant-13-Ounce/product-reviews/B00092CKN4