bluemotech

Hello All

Hi all,

I'm not a Corrado owner but I do like to see a nice Corrado, such a lovely styled car. Mainly come over here to have an occasional looky to see what's going on. I don't see many on the roads, probably the odd VR6 or G60 if i'm lucky; never a 16V though, are they all dead?

Anyway, keep these Corrado's looking good.

There not all dead buddy mines just waiting for the rain to stop so it can go out and play

You could be waiting a long time. Lol

There not all dead buddy mines just waiting for the rain to stop so it can go out and play

You could be in for a long time. Lol

Most of our Corrados are tucked away in their garages receiving those finishing touches, ready to break out for the 2016 season. Their owners are getting evermore stressed and excited, by equal measure, at the thought of actually running the result of their labours. I reckon from late March to early April your wish will come true and our roads will once again play host to screaming valvers, howling G60's, burbling VR6's and the war cry of modified custom Corrados.

There are probably far more 16v motors on the road than G60s. (Assuming you're in the UK?). Welcome along to the forum anyway, and I think you should buy one! :cool:

Get yourself a Corrado purchased. As for lack of 16v's, I use my valver daily and it's a absolute hoot to drive. One never gets bored of watching the spoiler raise.

Most of our Corrados are tucked away in their garages receiving those finishing touches, ready to break out for the 2016 season. Their owners are getting evermore stressed and excited, by equal measure, at the thought of actually running the result of their labours. I reckon from late March to early April your wish will come true and our roads will once again play host to screaming valvers, howling G60's, burbling VR6's and the war cry of modified custom Corrados.

Hats off to you Jon. I think you nailed it :lol:

There are probably far more 16v motors on the road than G60s. (Assuming you're in the UK?). Welcome along to the forum anyway, and I think you should buy one! :cool:

Thank you. Yes, i'm from Northamptonshire and as for buying one, I don't think that'll happen anytime soon! A low mileage Mk2 Golf GTI and a Mk3 Anniversary 16V are enough to keep me occupied and not only that, the other half wouldn't approve of another car on the drive.

Actually, i've seen a couple of Corrados about Northampton, I purchased some bits and pieces from a chap with a converted 8v to ABF and also seen an 8v with headlight washers.

Edited by bluemotech

Get yourself a Corrado purchased. As for lack of 16v's, I use my valver daily and it's a absolute hoot to drive. One never gets bored of watching the spoiler raise.

The spoiler, yes a lovely gimmick if you ever see one. But i'm sure it has function. How many other cars of the same era had that?

The spoiler, yes a lovely gimmick if you ever see one. But i'm sure it has function. How many other cars of the same era had that?

the spoiler raising was functional - something Porsche cottoned on to as well

I was looking for the change in drag coefficient the wing gave & came across this, nice read....

http://www.motivemag.com/pub/feature/retro/Motive_Retro_Review_Volkswagen_Corrado.shtml

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

I was looking for the drag coefficient reduction the wing gave & came across this, nice read....

http://www.motivemag.com/pub/feature/retro/Motive_Retro_Review_Volkswagen_Corrado.shtml

another interesting read, this time about adjustable rear spoilers & the fact that they have become fairly standard items on 'proper' sports cars

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46755

corrado appearing at the bottom of the list ;)

I was looking for the change in drag coefficient the wing gave & came across this, nice read....

I knew I had seen an image somewhere about it

taken from pdf here https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiA86n6lYHLAhVDtRQKHUQ5CK0QFggiMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fumpir.ump.edu.my%2F581%2F1%2FRidhwan_Che_Zake.pdf&usg=AFQjCNGNta1mGemG-5Mb25UBYQl_3DqmZA&bvm=bv.114733917,d.ZWU

Yeah man lets go out to play:cheers:

Personally I can't wait.

I can't wait to complete the build, can't wait to complete mapping the engine, I can't wait to complete running it in, I can't wait to drive my Corrado for the first time after three years of hard graft, I can't wait to get it off my ramp and I can't wait to finally think about something else!