scarsofcarma

Nars G60 Corrado

Hello again Corrado.net! I found another Corrado worth buying after all the drama with my last VR6 a couple years ago (http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?85546-Nars-VR6-Corrado). This one is a G60 with approximately 170k on the chassis and 100k on a swapped engine. The car was originally Nugget yellow, but it's been repainted (badly) in some brighter shade.

SGO8E8m.jpg?1rs3VUrMl.jpgl81QISLl.jpg

It has the following mods:

• Rebuilt Supercharger w/ Bahn Brenner parts
  • Bahn Brenner RSR G60 Supercharger Outlet Kit
  • SNS Performance Chip
  • SNS Supercharger Pulley
  • EuroSport Intercooler Piping
  • Neuspeed intake
  • Ground Control adjustable perches with ERS (Eibach Racing) Springs
  • Eibach Front Strut Brace
  • Tokico Illumina Adjustable Struts
  • Front Suspension/Subframe polyurethane bushing kit
  • Passat Moon Roof
  • 16" BBS Replicas (I want to sell/trade these)
  • Momo Steering Wheel
  • E-Code Headlights

This G60 had terrible wiring issues when I bought it due to a very poor stereo & H.I.D. kit install by the previous owner. We're talking issues like power feeds through the firewall without grommets or fuses! Lots of wiring was melted... much more was intermittently shorting or going 'open' with butt-connectors instead of a proper solder-and-splice. I am highly tempted to remove all the wiring from this car and start from scratch given how many late nights I've already spent repairing electrical issues. Here's a couple examples... (there were many more I did not photograph).

Afx0HRjl.jpgCIMxoJnl.jpg

Besides that it runs pretty good... I've had to tighten intercooler clamps from time to time given how much it boosts. I already bought a boost gauge, oil temp and real-time oil pressure gauges that I plan to install next week. I'm also planning on getting a wide-band AFR gauge before I'm ready to upgrade to a Megasquirt standalone ECU.

The reason for the standalone is I'm pretty certain the AFR is wacky the way this car runs. It accelerates better at 70-80% throttle compared to W.O.T., and the plugs were pretty burnt when I changed em recently... take a look.

sN0A7Cbl.jpglC9TZb2l.jpgq9TlKTdl.jpg

I also have a spare supercharger housing that I sent off to get Stage 3 Ported... the standalone will likely be necessary to use that, in addition to a hotter cam and a few other things I have planned for the motor. I want to attend some track days and auto-x events with this G60 in addition to the usual runs through the canyons. Brake and suspension upgrades (along with a proper racing seat & rollbar) are on my list also.

Some Questions I Have for the Forum

• Anyone know where I can get the square 4-pin connector that plugs in the back of the E-Code headlight housings?

• Does the speedo need a speedometer cable and a speed sensor? (My speedo stopped working the same time my rear wing stopped moving automatically)

• What is the best swaybar sizing front & rear for the most neutral handling balance?

• Where do I get seat rails for racing seats?

Glad to be back in a Corrado! Cheers everyone! :cheers:

Welcome back to Corrado ownership... Sponsored by MasterCard! :cool:

Will be good to see another one get saved and brought back up to scratch...

Welcome back to Corrado ownership... Sponsored by MasterCard! :cool:

Will be good to see another one get saved and brought back up to scratch...

Thanks I appreciate the welcome! Corrado's should be preserved I completely agree. What all has been done to yours?

The e code headlight plugs are available on the UK ebay site at £15 pair

Cool I will look into that. Hopefully international shipping isn't too much of a pain, but these E-Code lights are great I want to have em hooked up correctly.

Excellent - and great to hear another Corrado falls into the hands of an enthusiast who'll actually roll their sleeves up and fix issues such as bodged electricals.

Welcome!

Looks like a couple of dodgy jobs done by previous owners but car itself looks nice and straight. Good luck with getting it back to a standard you want. There's a never ending journey with these machines! :lol: