KARMANN

Spal fan wiring

Can anyone confirm if this diagram is the way to wire up the Spal fans in a VR?

I pulled it from an old thread but the thread wasn't clear.

What size of wire should I use?

Regards Fraser

Yep, that is how I've got mine wired. You can start adding resistors etc if you want to retain 3 speed but I didn't bother in the end.

Brilliant, I will get stuck into this. Resistors is a bit above my skill level, I'm happy for them to run at full rate. What size cabling do you recommend?

Regards Fraser

Ok got cable and connectors and heatshrink. Rad and old fans removed. On the connected left on the car I have a thin red/white wire a thick red/green wire a thick red/black wire and a thick brown wire. What am I bridging together and connecting where? The new fans have a blue and a black wire?

Thanks, Fraser

I started a thread a while ago about spal fams but i cant find the link but if you search on google with the forum name redborbet you shpuld find it

Thank you Bill. I've now just got my head around it I think. So the red/white will be from the yellow temp sensor the red/black and the red/green will be from the other sensors? And the brown is the ground?

Fraser

I started a thread a while ago about spal fams but i cant find the link but if you search on google with the forum name redborbet you shpuld find it

Red borbet off the forum :lol: