Sign in to follow this  
aposegil

half roll cage????

Helo guys

can you get half roll cages for corrados??? or do you use small mkII golf items???

thanx in advance

p.s lie it just to be a bolt on item

Helo guys

can you get half roll cages for corrados??? or do you use small mkII golf items???

thanx in advance

p.s lie it just to be a bolt on item

Yes, seen them on ebay. I want a full cage in mine :)

Mmm a cage will stiffen up the weak old C shell quite considerably (provided it's bolted in and not just sitting there looking cool), and a triangulated Neuspeed rear brace, yum 8)

Watch out for the insurance though as they are not liking cages :roll: Cage = driving at 10/10ths 90% of the time in their eyes!

|Weichers in the states do "proper" roll cages for the C. Not show ones, but proper bolt in steel jobs. They look good too, I am seriously considering it myself.

J

chessy how much was your cage?? and do you have any pics (even thou im going to look trhough ur pics in the photo section)

also James i have look at those cages but they seem to only be built for LHD cars from the pic's ive seen

also im not after a FIA cage more looks but has to be good quality

alex are you looking for a show cage or are you after somthing in steel ?

Where did you get yours from Daz? It looked exactly the kinda thing I am after for my MKI project... 8)

one of the dfunkt lads had one made for his corrado,cant think of his name,but hes the one with the very nice blue g60 on porche rims,could be worth while asking him

ive never seen that car :(

but u can just catch a corner of the cage and thats the kind of thing im after

keep the info coming guys

too bad you guys are in the UK. i have a friend who makes his own cages, they are freaking amazing too. i will try and find a picture of his cage. i think i am going to have him build mine when i can afford it. its going to be around $500-$600 for whatever i want.

My show cage cost me nothing extra to my policy

'Show' cage or bolted/welded to the floor cage?

I can't see the point of putting one in the car if not the latter.

The fella who made Paul's cage is called Mark.

I'm sure he won't mind the advertising and possible work he'll get if I put his number on here. 07868 66555

he's a top lad really talented welder look at my car in the members section of our website there is a link to his site in the links page mps performance engineering. but bear with him he does get very busy

daz's case is like proper FULL even bolts down to the front (foot well) of the car making it even harder to get in LOL i think daz had a mate custom build it and weld the whole thing in.... mind you it looks more safe than show... proper job rankst6.gif