VAG-hag

White smoke. Brown trousers!!

Enjoy... Took me a while to change ignition switch... You bent and screwdrivers yet for the job.

Changed mine for a genuine vag one was about 35 quid... But you can buy cheaper versions came to the conclusion its a job I only want to do once so bought genuine part.

Have you saved the head unit ?

Have you put heat sink on the terminals of the glove box light. I did this so it would never short... Also the same with the boot light.

Edited by delfinis38

Blue/white wire is for us market, to do with increase volume/speed control iirc. Don't connect it, it'll stop your spoiler raising at speed Chris.

My hero, thanks kindly Sean. I'll file that under b then!!

Enjoy... Took me a while to change ignition switch... You bent and screwdrivers yet for the job.

Changed mine for a genuine vag one was about 35 quid... But you can buy cheaper versions came to the conclusion its a job I only want to do once so bought genuine part.

Have you saved the head unit ?

Have you put heat sink on the terminals of the glove box light. I did this so it would never short... Also the same with the boot light.

Switch is out. I found best way was to extract the shear bolts also known as ****ers. This giving acces to the screw of the devil that holds in the switch. It's out now and I have a working spare switch to trial once I have confirmed the rest of the wiring is sound.

Also I will need to route a new glove box loom so will be sure to fully insulate it. As said this has been educational.

The head unit is tbc.... I'm hopeful though given the fact that part if the iso lead was missing but has been found. :)

I can offer no further advice than the clever chaps on here already have.

What I can do is sympathise, as I had similar myself a few years ago. Bugger.