Alty

Alty's G60 Project...

So been told I should do a build thread by a friend and he kept on at me so here goes!

I brought a very poorly converted 1.8L 16v to a G60 and now I have finally lost my Sh*t with the constant problems so the rebuild starts!

ekgjth.jpg

First port of call was everything that had wires going to it, Along with other things when i put my foot on the brake the interior light would come on above my head! :scratch:

Dash came out ...

nozvw0.jpg

Tidied and sorted

2epsj6p.jpg

Back in...

2s7vo5w.jpg

Edited by Alty

Next is engine bay With a complete newly built G60 enigne to go in we stripped it down and currently working on the loom to get the ECU in the car, The light loom down the chassis leg and the engine loom to just below the scuttle panel in the center of the fire wall for a more wireless look :-)

This is it's current state...

x2telc.jpg

Oh and had some goodies arrived today :-D

a3i4j7.jpg

Will post more as I go along....

Edited by Alty

I have a question about "RS OUTLET" are they really worth £75 of my very hard earnt money, Is there an actual benefit to having it fitted ?

fitting the outlet eliminates the original black box which is prone to leaks and not available any more i believe.

also with the outlet you can hear the supercharger more as the original acts as a silencer.

Ah ok I have a Jabba induction kit so no need for the outlet then, Quite happy about that given the recent bank drain on parts!

Ah ok I have a Jabba induction kit so no need for the outlet then, Quite happy about that given the recent bank drain on parts!

It does have some performance based improvements too as it reduces the pressure restriction the black silencer box makes, although too many mods will need a custom ECU map to see the full benefit.

what intercooler is that?

is it a wagner tuning one? if so have you gone for the rallye or golf g60 one?

ive read the rallye one only fits if you modify/cut off the tow eye bracket, ide be interested in your findings

what intercooler is that?

is it a wagner tuning one? if so have you gone for the rallye or golf g60 one?

ive read the rallye one only fits if you modify/cut off the tow eye bracket, ide be interested in your findings

It's the wagner rallye one, I'm expecting modification but wont get there for a while yet but will take some pictures to show how it does or doesn't fit! :-)

Well me and my very good and very handy mechanical friend got the engine out so now I'm left to sort out the engine bay!

sw9xdc.jpg

Edited by Alty

Got the first coat of primer on last weekend, Not going for show quality but think it came out ok using cans! :-)

jfjk9d.jpg

Ha only just noticed my friend in the picture, Thats my mechanic! :-D

Edited by Alty

Got the first coat of primer on last weekend, Not going for show quality but think it came out ok using cans! :-)

jfjk9d.jpg

Ha only just noticed my friend in the picture, Thats my mechanic! :-D

looking good:thumbleft:

So I've got to this stage with the engine bay and now questioning myself if I want to stay RED! This car is NOT going to be a show car or a restored original attempt so I could just go nuts and get lambo yellow ?! :-D

So I've got to this stage with the engine bay and now questioning myself if I want to stay RED! This car is NOT going to be a show car or a restored original attempt so I could just go nuts and get lambo yellow ?! :-D

Is it lambo yellow or red yet then? LOL

Soooo...... With some money saved up and the fire back in my belly for the Corrado it's time to crack on! I'm putting the engine back together and thought to myself with all this money going in surely I SHOULD... obtain new bolts top to bottom! Anyone know of any kits for sale ?

Problem with new bolts not bought from VW is that they don't have flanged heads like the originals, so you have to use washers etc and looks crap. Individually cheap from VW, but soon adds up to a lot. What about getting your original ones replated?

I notice you haven't done any work to the towing eye in the pics above to fit the Rallye 'cooler .. have you offered it up? What's fitment like? Probably best to do the chopping and welding before paint :p

Problem with new bolts not bought from VW is that they don't have flanged heads like the originals, so you have to use washers etc and looks crap. Individually cheap from VW, but soon adds up to a lot. What about getting your original ones replated?

I notice you haven't done any work to the towing eye in the pics above to fit the Rallye 'cooler .. have you offered it up? What's fitment like? Probably best to do the chopping and welding before paint :p

I think part of me was thinking it would just be easier and less hassle However, The Corrado is a permanent hassle at the moment! Good shout on the replate didn't think of that.

Actually wanted to get this primed up to see how bad the finish was and actually i'm happy with the little prep i did and after 6 months+ only a little bit of rust has come through where the battery sits. Once the engine is built i can do mock up and dismantle again ( Oh What fun! )

I've also decided on colour "J37 - Liquid Yellow" Usually found on the Renault Clio a pearl yellow... Penny for your Thoughts ?