Dan7690

ABS delete help

I'm in the process of smoothing my corrado bay and I would like to get rid of the horrible looking abs pump. Has anybody removed there abs pump??? If so how did you go about it??? Thanks

Just an FYI before removing that pesky anti lock braking system, mot laws changed a few years ago meaning if the car originally had an abs system it should be fitted and fully working. Whether you have a dodgy mot man, I don't want to know but that's what I've been told.

I've seen it done before, it's not difficult if you can make brake pipes

Il be honest I didn't know these laws have changed but i do no a man who should give should give me a ticket. I've also smoothed the bay in a way that I could re-fit the abs unit if it comes to it. When you have a free minute would you be able to run me through the parts I need for the swap and how you went about it? I'm really struggling to find anything on the net!!

I haven't done it, I'm hoping to upgrade it! It's not the greatest system but it's a lot better than a 50p shaped tyre

You need to use 2 outputs from master cylinder, t piece off and use 1 side for offside front, other for nearside rear and vice versa.

I removed mine by using early corrado servo ,reservoir bottle and a stubby master cylinder ,then ran all new brake lines ..the brakes feel so much better now..

If you want to keep abs the teves 20 system from the late mk3 golf is a better system , I'm sure there's a guide on here somewhere for fitting it.

I'm currently collecting parts for the Teves20 system, got an ecu but finding passat b4 parts is impossible! Want the loom as that is apparently a direct fit and servo

Sounds fairly simple then, hopefully i can can get it the early corrado parts I need easily enough. I'm running all new brake lines anyway to try and keep them out of site. Did you have to install a pressure valve for the rear brakes to work correctly??