Sign in to follow this  
baz

Is anyone under 21 and insured on G60

just wondering if anyone here owns and is insured on a g6o and is under 21 years old?

What about vr6----fat chance!

and living in london? I doubt it, tho stranger things have happened.

I guess most ppl go the golf gti/driver --- corrado route when a bit older.

I am 24 and insurance is under 600 quid for me fuly comp

MY CONFESSION

Well than i will be the first!

i drive a driver at the mo!

Iv been bought up in family full of dubs my dad use to be a gti 16v nut when i was a kid. Iv taken over now i think its just in the blood!

It all started when my dad bought a c 16v off his mate and when i passed my test 1 month after my Bday my dad got me insured on it under his name! When i was 17 dnt ask how. my uncles a broker!

i sort off took over from then after a while sold it to but a mk4 1.4 which was meant for my mum an me it was slow as a snail.

I am now a mature 19 years old dub addict (but no boy racer)

Its funny how i use to drive into my school with the old raddo 16v! I even had a teacher trying to buy it more like con it off me! the student car park is full off boy racer ford head nova boys with their stickers. Also 106 an all the french shite! this is how i learnt about the corrados unique self image character which turned me into the dub superstar. I havnt even started with how much the girls all luv the rado they call it cute.

My dad drives a passat at the mo but he wants to share a corrado with me thats the cost aswell!!!!

I now have to find and get insured on g60.

Nothing is imposible!

So far 14 insurance companies have rejected me 10 have said to drive that car you have to 21. It might be but i aint waiting 2 years!!!!!!!i cant even find any decent ones now what are the chances of getting a good one in 2years! Fat chance!

Best quote is £2200 under dads name from my own uncle!

Their must be a way!

have you tried hic?i used to drive a 1990 sepec 16v when i was 20 think it used to cost around 800 ish to insure f i remember correctlly? i was quite a while ago now.

try elephant or bell4direct. Some tips,when on the website write down as second car for u dad and write him as main driver,put about 2 years bonus if you have and put the least miles yearly say 3k,say that u dad is employed even if he isnt and say that you use another car in regular basis. You will be surprised :). I was driving G60 when i was 17 was my first car :lol: :lol: and it dosent get better so my next car i think would be a porsche (in my dreams) by the looks of it. 8)

I was 20 when I first insured my G60 but I was going to be 21 in a months time s HIC let me off and insured me anyway for £1200tpft which aint too bad considering all the other quotes I had been given or not as the case was!!! Give them a call they seem to be really good on young driver and modifications thats who I am stilll with as they have always matched my other quotes :D

Insured on the VR fully comp from the day I turned 21. They weren't interested until I was actually 21 though.

Quite a 'nice' postcode as well - fraggle rock does have some advantages! :)

Hello all,

Im a new user of the site and indeed a 'rado G60 owner, being only 20 i thought i would share my knowledge of the merky waters that is insurance for us age impared youngsters!!

Best insurance quote i recieved was from Adrian Flux insurance, (advert with number found in the back of most car mags) I think it was about £1500-1600 fully comp with me as the only driver with 3yrs NCB. Not too bad considering its a group 17 car.

Also worth a try are elephant and admiral, similarly priced yet not as cheap as Adrian Flux

Laterz

Martyn - Red G60

Hello all,

Im a new user of the site and indeed a 'rado G60 owner, being only 20 i thought i would share my knowledge of the merky waters that is insurance for us age impared youngsters!!

Best insurance quote i recieved was from Adrian Flux insurance, (advert with number found in the back of most car mags) I think it was about £1500-1600 fully comp with me as the only driver with 3yrs NCB. Not too bad considering its a group 17 car.

Also worth a try are elephant and admiral, similarly priced yet not as cheap as Adrian Flux

Laterz

Martyn - Red G60

You know i miss those BBS alloys i used to have on my G60,bring me memories,look sweet though :)

I can agree with Adrian Flux.

I'm 22 with 6 points for speeding and 3yrs NCD.

£1111 fully comp. with all mods declared and £300xs. :D

(and thats on a VR6...)

other half is 24 and pays £1000 insuring his vr6, with HIC. They won't let him put me on the policy tho, i'm 20 and as a girl should be ok...? damn them!

It could be that other half just doesn't want me driving his baby tho..! :( Evil man - ive track driven a supercharged elise and f355 damn it... :twisted:

I'll get my hands on the rado some day!!! :wink:

Im with http://www.insureyourmotor.com as well, have been since september '01. Got insured tpf&t for £1297 and I was 20. It was on a 2.0 16v which is an insurance group higher than a g60, they said if it had been a g60 then about 100 cheaper. Id already just bought the 16v but would probably have got a g60 if I knew then what I know now.

i'm 22 and £800 TPFT for Vr6.

2 yrs NCD and 3 points(89mph in a 60)

Also other half named with an accident she had last year.

Adrian Flux.

cheers

Paul

2.0 16v is an insurance group higher than a g60

Seriously??? :?

i think they both group 17!!

Im pretty sure the g60 is a 16.

Last time i checked it was 17, tho a friend phoned for a quote and was also told that it was a 16 :?

I think they make it up as they go along! :lol:

I'm 22 and had a golf driver as my first car and never paid more than 400 insuring it (from 19) TPFT... i still have it insured in my name and will have full NCB soon...

I bought the G60 a few months ago and Its insured fully comp by my parents with me as an added driver for £237 - This is the third car insured using the same company and its limited to 6000 miles per year (I am the only one who drives it and I have a company car as well, my dad uses the golf, he is an added driver on my policy! - bit complicated but its cheep!! - I do drive the corrado with a 500 pound exess tho...)

The problem is my dad loves the c but dnt know much of the techy stuff. When i phone up companies and ask to be under my dads name on a g60 it dnt sound to good.

A very rich kid in my college who is 17 has just bought a bmw 330ci the new one. Well anyway his dad insured the car with the kid as an additional driver. Paying £7000..... well for them money is know object. Anyway the dad drives his own car a merc i think. The kid drives the car every where. The other day he crashed it!

The insurance asseser came to his house to take a look at the motor and asked the dad what type of auto box it is and where the powerhood button is. At this time the kid is in courtesy car at college.

The car is an tip tronic auto with the power hood button near the gear stick. The dad goes its an manuel as he dnt drive the car he dont know and give a crap about it.

From that the insurance guy figuered out that his son was the main driver and father was just used to get insured on the car.

They voided the policy and didnt pay out!

The problem is my dad loves the c but dnt know much of the techy stuff. When i phone up companies and ask to be under my dads name on a g60 it dnt sound to good.

A very rich kid in my college who is 17 has just bought a bmw 330ci the new one. Well anyway his dad insured the car with the kid as an additional driver. Paying £7000..... well for them money is know object. Anyway the dad drives his own car a merc i think. The kid drives the car every where. The other day he crashed it!

The insurance asseser came to his house to take a look at the motor and asked the dad what type of auto box it is and where the powerhood button is. At this time the kid is in courtesy car at college.

The car is an tip tronic auto with the power hood button near the gear stick. The dad goes its an manuel as he dnt drive the car he dont know and give a crap about it.

From that the insurance guy figuered out that his son was the main driver and father was just used to get insured on the car.

They voided the policy and didnt pay out!

i'm sorry but that is soooo funny its unbelieveable about the "money is no object" family :lol: :lol: if it is no object to them then they should have insured the bmw under the kid's name ............it just shows that insurance companies are wise to all these things too.............if the insurance is going to be too prohibitive for you the best most sensible thing to do is to wait for a few years til it gets affordable and earn some more no-claims...hard to do i know but in the long run it makes sense

Parkers advises the following Insurance groups for the Corrado:

VR6 - Group 18

2.0 16v - Group 17

1.8 G60 - Group 17

2.0 8v - Group 16

1.8 16v - Group 15

I'm in the market at the moment to buy a 2nd hand dub, deciding between Mk2 Golf 16v, Mk3 Golf 16v or Corrado, prob 2.0 16v. Havent searched around the likes of HIC yet, I'm 22 but I have no NCB (as been on parents insurance for last 2 1/2 years) which is killing me, and the £100 for my 3 points doesnt help either. Best quotes so far all from Direct Line website, approx £1800 fully comp for Mk2 16v, £1700 for Mk3 16v, £1900 for the Rado! :shock: Strangely, 8v Corrado was more expensive to insure?! VR6 Rado heavy but VR6 Golf barely different from 16v GTi?! Strange world...

VR6 - Group 18

2.0 16v - Group 17

1.8 G60 - Group 17

2.0 8v - Group 16

1.8 16v - Group 15

That sounds more like it!

the storm is actually rated in group 19 :cry:

also the 8-valve C is in a higher group than the 1.8 16v C because its value was more....when the 8-valve C came out it was a good 2 years after the 1.8 16v was last sold