MZpog

Accelerator cable maintenance for about $5.

My accelerator seemed to be getting sticky over the last a day or two so last night I had a look to find it was due to the cable.

Into the garage for my motorcycle cable oiler I forgot I had and some GT85 (not WD40 as it collects dirt) and it's silky smooth.

This morning the car felt much more responsive and the pedal feel was great. The cable has obviously been sticking for a while as the accelerator pedal has never felt so good. I'd recommend doing this even if your cable isn't stick.

for those wondering, the oiler looks like this. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/281279489606?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=122&chn=ps&googleloc=9046314&poi=&campaignid=207297426&device=c&adgroupid=13585920426&rlsatarget=aud-133395220866%3Apla-146652028386&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=122&ff19=0&ul_noapp=true

Nice tip there Stuart, just googled some videos on how to use the tool and it looks simple enough.

It's dead easy, I'd say borrow it if you like but it really only takes a couple of mins so if your ever this way just use it.

Nice tip there Stuart, just googled some videos on how to use the tool and it looks simple enough.

Me too, it really is easy

Must pick this up. My accelerator cable has been really stiff for a while now! Cheers.

Good tip. Does it keep all the oil in the tube or is there any leakage? Can you also use non aerosol oil? If so, any advice on how? Thanks