poppy123b

Drivers side door handle

hi there I was hoping someone may be able to help.

door handle suddenly stopped working, so cannot open door from outside, took handle off and had a look to find small piece of metal has broken off, have attached photos.

don't know if there Is anything that can be done ? I think this handle is a modded one which was done to prevent the problem that usually breaks, and this was a replacement for that. so it decided to snap elsewhere instead :(

its a 1993 16v Corrado

many thanks

get yourself on the suppliers thread - Daves16v does a handle repair kit

I currently have them on both of the VR handles & will buy some for the valver just in case, sorry for when they go lol

• Like 1

That's gonna be a sod to repair.. That bit rarely breaks, it's always the 'finger/plunger' that snaps.

The main problem is that it has a pressed in pin that's bigger than the other, smaller pins that secure

the finger bit that opens the lock, which means that it's a sod to drill out and then secure it back in.

I've done one or two but after a bit, the pin always backs out again leaving you as you were before..

I've got a few spare if you want to try and repair the handle, let me know and i'll pop one in the post.

Almost forgot a very important bit, always grease the components throughly and make sure that the components move freely

without any tight spots, some of those repair kits available on the net are utter crap.

Also make sure that the door itself doesn't shut too tightly as this will also strain the mechanism alot, loosen the striker if ness.

Edited by VEEDUBBED
  • Like 1

thankyou for your offer and help. I have pm'd Dave16v to see if he can offer any advice also. and will let you know :)

happy to help m - hopefully it is the usual part that has broken & his kit can help

FYI Daves16v kit, in various forms, has been tried & tested successfully many times by lots of users of this forum & elsewhere.

his work is not to be confused with tat from places like ebay

i have handle kits on both sides of the VR. one of his short shifters in the VR & will be buying one for my valver. i also have a plethora of 'shiny' parts from him on the VR too :D

Hello,

It looks like the handle already has my kit fitted, afraid I can't help with the broken part.

PM sent also.

Dave