dom604

Pd corrado big power

Hi. Im new to the forum and have been building a corrado pd for the past couple of months. Its taken alot of time and money and atill isnt anywhere near finished in the way of looks. But its finally all running and on the road.

It started life as a early h reg 1.8 16v. I was going to turbo it as i have a friend with the parts but i was also building a autograss car which was a polo 6n spaceframe with the pd engine. After along time of building the polo i got fed up with it and took the engine for the corrado.

Its a pd 150 arl fitted with a firrad 80% injectors and a gtb2260 on stainless tubular manifold. Iv also made the car take 6 speed.

Iv had it mapped by dirty torque. but as i have been building the car for so long my vnt was sticking slightly. So we mapped it to a safe 268.8bhp and will be going for more after i have done some miles to check its all ok.

Ill try and sort some pics out.

I'm very interested in this thread. I've owned a few PD diesels, how much use is 1st gear, I'd have thought with the reduced rolling radius of the typical Corrados 205 / 50 15s (compared to 195 65 15 MK4) would mean first would be redundant? Even more so with all that power?

Set off in second and go up to six , kinda defeats the six speed a bit but it doesent hurt my brain thinking that way haha

I have a tdi 6 speed sat in the garage, hence my interest

Get it done mate id love a power house dirty diesel corrado

Just a gearbox, no engine

Cheers for the postive comments. Its getting there slowly. Havent got many pictures of the whole car. But i will soon. Just want some bits like all red rears. And got my clocks to work. But from a vr6 and need 16v ones. So if anyone has some 93+ 16v clocks they want to sell i mite be interested.