EJ Taylor

Recommended Methanol Injection Kit

Spoke to stealth racing today, Vince advised me although they do fit the kits, they do not supply them, he said to stay away from the AEM ones as adjusting dials can be temperamental.

So, what kits do we recommend? anyone with any experience where this in concerned.

Thanks you.

Edited by EJ Taylor

I'm currently in the process of installing it to my g60. I've gone for a 5 port system so it will inject into each port of the inlet manifold and after the fmi. I've been told with a good map I should expect around 20bhp increase. Which system are you going for? It's should be back on the road in 6ish weeks and I've got to run it in for 1500 miles before I can get it mapped properly. Good to hear someone else is doing the same, let me know how you get on

Also, Dan, thats sweet bro, as said above im yet to decide on what kit.

Spoke to stealth racing today, Vince advised me although they do fit the kits, they do not supply them, he said to stay away from the AEM ones as adjusting dials can be temperamental.

So, what kits do we recommend? anyone with any experience where this in concerned.

Thanks you.

We are suppliers and approved installers of Aquamist water methanol injection systems. It was our pleasure to recently supply Dan with a kit for his G60 and fit custom injectors into his inlet manifold and induction pipe.

If you wish to know more about these supremely well engineered and managed WMI systems, it will be our pleasure to answer your questions. We Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

John

JMR Ltd

http://www.johnmitchellracing.co.uk

We are suppliers and approved installers of Aquamist water methanol injection systems. It was our pleasure to recently supply Dan with a kit for his G60 and fit custom injectors into his inlet manifold and induction pipe.

If you wish to know more about these supremely well engineered and managed WMI systems, it will be our pleasure to answer your questions. We Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

John

JMR Ltd

http://www.johnmitchellracing.co.uk

After a quick look on the website, all be it the quality of their kits is undeniable, it looks like they only do progressive kits. This is a bit too advanced for what i need at this current time. I have been looking at Devils own, the seem to do the basic simply on/off kit that Stealth suggested.

I also had a look at your website and must say its very impressive, your corrado build in particular is phenomenal. Keep up the great work, hopefully have some dealing with you in the future!

I'm glad to have offered another option, even if only to give clarity, for your current choice. I understand your desire for apparent simplicity, but with our insight into the Aquamist systems, into a wide selection of VAG vehicles, once fitted the results have been to the satisfaction of all our customers. Aquamist offer dedicated systems for application and custom components to ensure the best performance. My own Corrado is running with the latest Aquamist system. I can't believe that I am hearing an enthusiast state, that he believes his vehicle does not warrant the best and will settle for less. Utilising the latest technology and exceptional quality Aquamist is without doubt, the best option for your WMI needs. Come over to our workshops and I'll take you out for a test drive in my 8P Audi S3 to demo Aquamist, there is so much more to WMI than "on/off" I look forward to hearing from you.

Edited by 16VG60

I'm glad to have offered another option, even if only to give clarity, for your current choice. I understand your desire for apparent simplicity, but with our insight into the Aquamist systems, into a wide selection of VAG vehicles, once fitted the results have been to the satisfaction of all our customers. Aquamist offer dedicated systems for application and custom components to ensure the best performance. My own Corrado is running with the latest Aquamist system. I can't believe that I am hearing an enthusiast state, that he believes his vehicle does not warrant the best and will settle for less. Utilising the latest technology and exceptional quality Aquamist is without doubt, the best option for your WMI needs. Come over to our workshops and I'll take you out for a test drive in my 8P Audi S3 to demo Aquamist, there is so much more to WMI than "on/off" I look forward to hearing from you.

Perhaps you miss understand me, "I can't believe that I am hearing an enthusiast state, that he believes his vehicle does not warrant the best" never have i said such a thing, my car has been built with not a penny spared. The reason for my choice of a more simple kit, is this is what Vince at stealth racing recommended. He said with these set up i have and the corrado VR6's nature he would recommend to go with a more simple kit, for reliability, and less complications. If there is one thing i know, its Vince knows what he is talking about when it comes to VR6's. its not a case of settling for less, its a case of listening to a man who has been building these engines since before i was born.

You are a bit far from me for to pop down for a test drive, although i would love to and should i have the opportunity to be near your area i will take you up on this, looks like you have a nice set up and work on some nice cars!

Slight hijack of a topic here but is there any benefit to adding injection to a NA VR6?

I guess the principle is the same but the impact would be less due to the lower deltaT? That said, the VR does run hot so would it benefit from the lowering of temp?

Would this also need to be progressively controlled? I see Devils Own do a voltage controlled system picking up from the MAF sensor.

SOOO many questions, but the real big one is; is it worth it?

Slight hijack of a topic here but is there any benefit to adding injection to a NA VR6?

I guess the principle is the same but the impact would be less due to the lower deltaT? That said, the VR does run hot so would it benefit from the lowering of temp?

Would this also need to be progressively controlled? I see Devils Own do a voltage controlled system picking up from the MAF sensor.

sorry i never replied mate! just seen this!!!!

yes, i think so, will higher your octane and lower your intake temp so thats only going to have positive affects on your engine.

as above.

vince recommended keep it simple, so accommodate the corrados simple ECU, didnt look into a maf voltage kit but thats obv the NA version. boosted version works of the psi, although many complicated and im sure effective kits are out there, vince at stealth said from experience keep it as simple as possible, so ive gone for the simple on/ofpsi sensing kit.

Booked in to be dropped of june 25th, so ill let you know when i do!!!! I highly expect it will be though haha