Sign in to follow this  
yalan

Weitec VR6 kit on a 2.0 16v - done!

The standard 4 cylinder kit from weitec is apparently way too low and knocks off ~60mm

So - C&R suggested the VR6 kit. Since the engine is a bit lighter in the valver, it doesn't lower the front quite as much as it would do on the VR.

VR should be 310 at the front, mine is 327.

However - the rear suspension is adjustable, so you can peg it up a notch and have the back at pretty much the same level.

(I also got the 'comfort kit' incl VR top mounts, Mk4 top plates and febi bumpstops)

(so far happy with the ride - although only done ~ 15miles!)

Suspension kit £240

All in price £358

Anyway, for those who want to see how it went..............

Daamn, that does make a nice difference. I like that. :D And you've got the wheels I want too!

Thanks for doing the follow up on that, nice to hear/see the results - can't wait for my springs to arrive (hopefully tomorrow, got a call on friday from C&R saying they've been dispatched) - oh and get the car back from the garage.... waaah. :(

All the best

randal

OZ saturns yeah?

I'm getting rid of them next week. In fact just swapping them for a moonroof at my local VW breakers. If you want 'em for the same price, they're yours!

:D looks good mate, i've got the same kit on my G60 with same top mounts etc. How you finding the ride :?: Think mine is sitting abit lower on the back then yours could do with coming up a bit to match the front like yours :wink: btw had mine corner weighted worth it if you can afford it as it's not cheap :)

btw had mine corner weighted worth it if you can afford it as it's not cheap :)

Umm, I thought that this suspension kit wasn't a coilover set, hence having to get the VR6 setup to get the height... :| How exactly did they cornerweight a non-coilover suspension setup? :?

Umm, I thought that this suspension kit wasn't a coilover set, hence having to get the VR6 setup to get the height... :| How exactly did they cornerweight a non-coilover suspension setup? :?

:? This kit is not a coilover kit, are you saying you can't corner weight non coilover kits :?: cause i had the same thought :? :?

I don't know of a way to cornerweight non-coilover suspension... :? The whole idea of corner weighting is to get a precise proportion of the weight of the car onto each wheel by raising or lowering each spring's seat to adjust the car's balance... I can't see how you can possibly do that if the kits design isn't an adjustable threaded coil over style... :?

:? the bloke in the garage said that he could do it, i'm starting wonder now how he did do it :?: i told him it was'nt a coilover kit , but he still said to get the best out of the kit it would be worth corner weighting it :roll: If it can't be done then i've just wasted a sh*t load of money :x Think i'll be ringing the garage to see how he done it if at all :!:

the only way I could see of doing it would be to use shims to raise or lower the spring seats... :?

Anyone else out there know otherwise?!? :?

well th rear springs can be raised or lowered on the weitec kits.

Plus minus about 50mm ??? (using circlips on the spring lower mounts)

fronts fixed height

I was thinking about getting this set up but a few people have said that the ride is too harsh. How much does it lower the front on the VR? and what's the ride like on the VR with the comfort kit?

I have the weitec VR kit with the c&R comfort kit , i think the ride is just right i wouldnt say its harsh at all