The piggo

New to the forum, looking for a VR6

Hi all

I'm new to the forum as of this evening! I've been looking at owning a Corrado for some time now but its never really been the right time. Circumstances have changed and I'm now in a position to start considering it as an option and as such I thought it might be a good idea to get myself on here to help me in my quest.

I'm looking for a VR6 and currently my budget is around 3.5k. I've been perusing the internet classifieds extensively to see whats out there and have been considering the possibility of a small project or whether its necessary to up my budget in order to secure one thats all as it should be and ready to be driven. Ideally I would like something that hasnt been from pillar to post, covered hundreds of thousands of miles or modified extensively. I appreciate that my budget may mean my expectations are too high and therein lies my consideration of a project.

My knowledge is limited though I've done my homework so I would be more than grateful of any pointers etc anyone can offer me with regard to things to look for or be wary of and also any suggestions as to anything currently available.

I have seen the following listing and wondered if anyone knows anything of this car or if anyone is nearby to it who would be willing to give it the once over. I'm cautious as its obviously not MOT'd but perhaps with a little tlc it could be an option?

Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1993-K-VOLKSWAGEN-CORRADO-VR6-2-9-V6-GREY-MANUAL-2DR-COUPE-/222067677305?hash=item33b443d879:g:MF8AAOSwxp9W-ZJV

Many thanks

Lauren

The best place to buy one from is here, you can look through a build thread or the sellers posts to see what has going wrong in the past. Try a wanted ad in the classified.

The grey car looks OK - the arches appear to be rolled so make sure you have a good look for corrosion. If you're worried about MOT repair costs ask the seller if its ok for you to arrange an MOT prior to you buying it so you have an idea what needs doing. There's not too many about, but that doesn't mean you have to buy a bad one in a panic

At 20 plus years old these cars need regular attention and ongoing maintenance, if you can do some of the work yourself they can be run on a reasonable budget, if not costs spiral.