Sign in to follow this  
STORM 2

fuse keeps blowing!!!

Hi there all

My 15 A fuse for the spoiler keeps blowing every few weeks. It wouldnt be a problem, only the same fuse controls the fuel pump - so the car dies everytime the fuse blows.

Anyone???

........dunno if they have anything to do with it......but when my fuse went the relays above it were a bit loose.......so i just shoved them back in and *touch* wood no probs in 6months :wink:

If I were you I'd strip down the spoiler mech a little and apply a shed load of white grease to lube it up.... Then use the manual switch to run the spoiler up and down a few times to make sure that there's no rough/tight spots which could cause it to blow the fuse... 8)

yeah, i'd say it was the spoiler, probably getting stuck and the motor is then pulling too much currewnt and blowing the fuse, as mentioned above, grease it down.

How about disconnecting the power to the spoiler at the connector block behind the tailgate trim panel? At least then you'd isolate the problem to a particular circuit, i.e. spoiler or fuel pump. Are you sure the spoiler is actually causing the problem?

I love the way the fuel pump (vital to continued forward motion) and the spoiler (erm, not vital to anything other than pose factor) are on the same fuse...

..not as bad as J plate Vauxhall Astras... :?

ECU, Main Beam, Hazards, wipers and fogs all on the same earth strap which wasn't rated to take all of 'em being on at the same time! :roll: :crazyeyes:

Recall time for that slight foul-up! :lol:

listen for a buzzing huming noise coming for the rear you should be able to hear it when in the car too, if you can hear it when you got alot of fuel it might be the petrol pump??

anothing thing is the elec fuel pump should be yellow 20 amp?? thats what i got on my vr6 1994 and its connected with the lambada probe.....

anothing thing is the elec fuel pump should be yellow 20 amp??

Now I'm really confused!!

on my car its a yellow fuse 20amp and its connected to the lambada, not sure maybe mine aint the same as yours or maybe there is 2 connected to the pump??

Im having similar problems with my 1990 16V although I don’t think my fuel pump fuse goes just my dash lights and on board computer.

Would there be any other problem i.e spoiler fuse? What is the purpose of this fuse if the spoiler causes other fuses on the main board to go, surely that is the point in a fuse to limit the problem to just one circuit?