Chuck macink

auto trans has a mind of its own

Hello I have just become an new owner to this 93 2.8 VR6 automatic and it shift differently every time you drive it. Each gear runs fine but it will skip a gear and when down shifting it may free rev for a moment. I did see that the dash indecator will look shaded and then will look like the rest of the dash. i looked up Bentley manuals and see that it uses electrical to shift.Is this something that can be adjusted? Car has had a trans changed 15K ago with used one,100k miles on it now. Fluid looks good and is full.

best bet is to get it scanned for errors - if you can post up what you find. The valve block is not the best and can get upset with a small amount of impurities causing gears to hang.

Give it a drain and refill with new ATF. There's no published drain/refill interval which means it probably hasn't ever been done before! Made a massive difference to mine.

Best DIY guide: here.

Stone

Give it a drain and refill with new ATF. There's no published drain/refill interval which means it probably hasn't ever been done before! Made a massive difference to mine.

Best DIY guide: here.

Stone

Thanks I have put Lucas trans add. in and drove it for 50 miles,and changed oil with Amsoil ATF It works better but still has to hunt to down shift, and some time in town it has a harsh up shift. Will drive this way so to let new oil work loose what ever is in the works. Will back flush cooler and converter this next oil change.

Best regards Chuck