skid

Air con relay numbers?

Wonder if some one with Diavia Air con could check their engine bay relays and tell me which numbers they have and also which slot they are in plz.

There are 2 relays in mine and i suspect both are not working right but now i have taken them off i cant remember which was there original position.

They are both 5 pin relays, one has a 87A center pin while the other has a 87B center pin.

Thanks

Apologies for a late reply as I was locked out of tapatalk. I Have 4 relays for the aircon, and the two relays on the left work in either position. I hope this picture explains what I mean[ATTACH]83779[/ATTACH][ATTACH]83780[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks cress.

Can you clarify if the bottom one, centre pin is 87A or 87B?

top one is clearly a 87A.

Just been and pulled it out. Definitely 87a

I do know this bottom relay is controlled by the pressure switch mounted on the evaporator. This is what switches to engage the compressor.

I do wish I could locate a diavia wiring diagram for this system tho. That would make my life easier

Thanks for that.

I just got my system going again and the problem since was the battery was draining in a few hours even when ignition and everything was off. I sussed out that the compressor was continually powered until I pulled both of these relays out! Thus causing me to think one was sticking on.

I tried to test them both and for my little electrical knowledge I found them both faulty.

I need to check my wires are correctly done going to the dryer as the connections could be the wrong way around.

like you I can't find wiring diagrams, as they are missing from the Diavia thread!

Where is the evaporator and pressure switch fitted!

I've got a diagram at home so when I'm back I'll scan and upload it to the diavia thread. Hopefully this weekend.

[ATTACH]83781[/ATTACH] bottom right,is behind the bumper and front panel with the pressure switch fitted to it

Thanks, its the wiring to that that i need to check.

Maybe its crossed wired and causing the compressor to stay on!

The wires from the pressure switch go to two connector plugs to the right hand side of it. This is where I could test for open and closed circuits and find which wires went to which relay

Yeah its these connectors that could be crossed over, if i get time i will check today. Many thanks for your time out taking pics and replying with info Cressa

I'm not back with the car until tomorrow night, but I can check which colours go where on these connectors.

Good luck with it. I know it's a pain to sort, but it is lovely WHEN it works

TBH, i am hoping it works!

The mobile Air con guy that came and made a new hose for the system then did the regas left and never tighten one of the hose connections, and i am guessing i would have lost some gas :(.

He did say he would come back in and re-gas it if required.

Well I replaced the relays with 2 new ones (both with 87A pins) and it stopped the permanent live power to the compressor. Hopefully my battery won't drain now.

Checked the wiring colours on the pressure switch to loom but to be honest I notice the colours on Cressa's pressure swith are different so can't match his.

But here is what I have

orange loom........to blue pressure switch

Black/red..............to another blue pressure swith

Next connection is

yellow/green..........to black/green pressure switch

black/green............to black/green pressure switch.

I did also notice the fan was not running when I switched the A/c on!

thing is doing my head in!

Of my 2nd relay... 87a is a skinny green on its own that connects at a connector and becomes red to the compressor.

When I linked yellow green to the black green that switches my compressor on.

My fan definitely comes on when the air con is switched on so I haven't needed to investigate this bit. Hopefully someone else can help. Assuming you have checked all the fuses at the relays

The wiring diagram will definitely help.

Has your fan worked ok before?