Mr Sands

Solitudes/RXIIs for sale.

Greetings all,

Amazing what you find in the roofspace of the garage when you've got to move house...

Up for sale are:

1. A set of 4 15 inch BBS Solitudes. I gave them a DIY refurb when I got them and put them on my VR some years ago. At the time this meant: sanding down, primer, rattle can silver and lacquer. Clearly not professional quality but perfectly presentable, especially as winter wheels. Wheels come shod with BF Goodrich, so excellent tyres with plenty of tread but not fresh rubber, so you'd have to evaluate roadworthy condition for yourself. SOLD to reggieBaby

2. A set of 4 16 inch BBS RXII split rims from a Mark IV Golf. They are the usual 6.5J width and were on the VR until a few weeks ago, when I sourced and had refurbed a set of the 7J anniversary RXIIs. The wheels come with no rubber and have the inevitable corrosion to the outer rim from where crud gets in by the splits. In the hands of a professional or an able amateur they would come up a treat. SOLD to JEZR

In each case, £30 collected and they're yours; the caveat is that this has got to be in the next couple of weekends, as we're moving in three weeks and they need to be gone before then! Feel free to make me an offer so long as you can collect: I'd like to see these pass on to the next Corrado/Dub enthusiast as they passed to me before.

I'm in Worcester, within easy reach of J7 of the M5.

Cheers,

Ed.

Edited by Mr Sands

Gents,

JZR has dibs on the RXII as he got in with first contact. Should he be able to collect this weekend or next, they're his. Ox has second dibs if that falls through.

Reggie, absolutely it's £30 for the four Solitudes with tyres. Only caveats are that they must be gone this weekend or the next and that I won't vouch for the tyres; it's been a few years since the wheels came off the VR and went into storage. Plenty of tread on them if you deem them roadworthy.

I'm well aware that I'm selling each set for less than their worth but with all the hassle of a house move, I just want them guaranteed gone quickly

to enthusiasts who'll get some use out of them.

Ed.

RXIIs sold to JEZR.

Yanmack, Solitudes are yours for second dibs if Reggie doesn't take them.

Hi Ed would like to take the solitudes and can collect next week, pm me your number and will give you a call to arrange. Thanks Simon.

Simon, you have PM.

Both sets of wheels sold. Will notify second dibs people if anything changes.

Cheers all,

Ed.

Cheers Phil, I really appreciate that. Lord knows I've benefited massively over the years from the technical knowhow and friendliness of this forum; I'm always happy to give what I can back. I'm old-fashioned but I still think that's the way the world should work.

Thanks for the thought in posting, good of you.

Ed.

JEZR, it was great to meet you. Can't think of a nicer chap for the wheels to have gone to and I look forward to seeing what they look like when refurbed.

Bloody hellfire, that was quick! They look superb. Pictures when on the car too please!

So good to see them being put to use again.

Ed.