ryan_welshman

Oil filter removal tool

Hello one and all!

That time of year again and im gonna take the plubge and do ny first service on the rado solo, got all the necessary kit but i need a oil filter removal tool. Theres alot of different types and im been told some are rubbish and dont grop the filter

So, need links and info on a tool that will do the job

Thanks

Hello one and all!

That time of year again and im gonna take the plubge and do ny first service on the rado solo, got all the necessary kit but i need a oil filter removal tool. Theres alot of different types and im been told some are rubbish and dont grop the filter

So, need links and info on a tool that will do the job

Thanks

What car is it ? If it's a vr6 you just need a huge socket and extension and Allen key. Can't remember size but 32 or 36 mm rings a bell.

If it's a 16 v I guess you need a chain to remove the filter.

I've tried chain and strap wrenches in the past, but if the seal hasn't been lubricated before fitting, the only way I've found affective to get it off is to drive a long screwdriver through the side about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way up all the way to the hilt, then use that as handles to turn the thing. Crude but does the job every time!

Its 16v

I got a chain one you can have for postage as its no good to me and if it gets used I'm happy.

I use the same filter removal tool that fits the plastic filter lid on my 1.9tdi toledo. it's basically a giant socket and fits perfectly on the top of the filter. You just get your ratchet on it and it starts moving. I tried the chain wrench thing but find this much easier.