Mawrick

NA fittings on OEM fuel filter ? (VR6) - what options are there?

There seem to be a very small leak around my fuel filter, the filter is new but suspect the leak is on that "crimped" rusty part, was wondering if there is any options on fitting AN fittings to this filter, or use some other filter and then make some braided lines to attach to the plastic tube (if possible) - not sure if the line is available from VW still ?......

What is the best options to sort this problem ?

I had a hairline Crack on the crimped part of my fuel filter. I left the lines alone at the time as they were fine. Pretty sure filters are still available from VW though at a reasonable price mate.

I had a hairline Crack on the crimped part of my fuel filter. I left the lines alone at the time as they were fine. Pretty sure filters are still available from VW though at a reasonable price mate.

Yea, the filters are afaik, I have a new one on, but was wondering about the hose stuff....;)

I swapped all mine for a Ptfe hose with a branded black outside to it. Then used the clamps you squeeze with a tool, ear clamps?

They pushed onto all the original fittings, is quite tricky cutting the old connectors off though. I have some photos i can link to thread tomorrow. Kept the original front to back fuel lines.

Think this is the bit you mean

20150506_193729.jpg

And then this hose with a non return valve

20150506_193710.jpg

20150506_193719.jpg

I basically replaced all the rubber parts and crimped connections with an 8mm ID ptfe hose or you could use a rubber pipe, i found the cheap stuff perished quite quickly

20150512_185814.jpg

The existing ones or the new stuff?

The existing crimps i had to very carefully cut through the metal with the dremel and then prise it open, just leaves you with the hard lines (which have a little raised lip on them)

The new hose pushes on (quite a tight fit with the PTFE as its a solid pipe inside, you slide the new clamps on first and then squeeze it with special pliers.

I use these ones (also handy for cv boots etc)

http://www.pvrdirect.co.uk/sealey-vs1633-cvj-boot-hose-clip-pliers-ear-type/?CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=25337172250&CATCI=pla-54458723577&catargetid=120134430000000121&cadevice=c&gclid=Cj0KEQjw09C5BRDy972s6q2y4egBEiQA5_guvzsX1kgrDoJOnP_SBEaOPgzOIrCudXQ59vQ8v7WaUUMaAlE-8P8HAQ