Sign in to follow this  
Will

Red stuff pads..

Has anyone had experience with EBC red stuff pads. Bought a couple of sets for my VR6 but haven't fitted them yet cause I've heard a few horror stories about them being terrible unless you're track racing etc. Guy on the phone from EBC said it's a myth because they are designed to operate at the same temperatures as standard pads. but I suppose he would say that...

red stuff pads are primarily for track day use,why didnt you go for the green stuff pads which are for everyday use,ive got some on mine

Did originally order greenstuff and EBC phoned me to say they would reccommend red stuff pads because of the performance of the car. They were only a fiver more for both sets so went ahead with them but don't like the thought of no brakes if they're cold cause I don't always drive like a nutter :lol:

Might just stick them on ebay and then get some OE or pagid fast road pads unless anyone has a good experience with them....

I've used Pagid fast road pads for years, never had a problem with them, apart from they seem to give off rather a lot of dust.

Tried to get them originally but GSF had run out in every branch and said it could be up to a couple of months before they ordered them. Will give them a call to check cause it was about a month or so ago.

Thanks

Green stuff pads warped new VAG disc inside 12 months. Wouldn't use them again with standard discs. Now have new standard discs & pads, which are far better at stopping quickly on my daily commute. On the track again at the end of July to see how they fare. I bet the hoses/brake fluid will overheat first.

Duncan

Tried to get them originally but GSF had run out in every branch and said it could be up to a couple of months before they ordered them. Will give them a call to check cause it was about a month or so ago.

Thanks

I bought a set of FR's yesterday (in stock at my local branch of GSF) for VR6/G60 - £30

hothoooz, Red stuff pads have fully ceramic linings - almost totally useless until they're warmed up.

My mate has them on his BMW - he thinks they're great.

Just be aware that your brakes won't work so good first thing in a morning !!

had a set of green stuff on my audi s2. They were f*ing great.

But wore out. Bought a new set & these severely overheated the disks. (apparently new compound)

EBC claimed greenstuff is only good on lighter cars (golfs / saxos)........ so bought redstuff instead.

Very happy with the results...... Including 1st thing in the morning running 'cold'.

personally...... on my corrado will be running greensuff next time.. unless I can find DS2500 for sensible money.

hothoooz, Red stuff pads have fully ceramic linings - almost totally useless until they're warmed up.

My mate has them on his BMW - he thinks they're great.

Just be aware that your brakes won't work so good first thing in a morning !!

The rears are ceramic but the fronts are the older model and standard compound so maybe not too bad then.....