seanl82

New products in the arsenal

I gave the car a going over with some new products yesterday. First up was Bilt Hamber auto wash. Great product! Gave a nice slick easy wash, and a 5ml drop provided tons of suds that lasted in the bucket the whole wash. Very impressed with this, and pretty sure it'll now be my go to shampoo.

I'd applied Carpro Cquartz about a month or so ago, and although its obviously doing its job as the beading is still as good as when I first applied it, the finish was very glassy being a synthetic product. I prefer the wet/deep glossy look you get from a good wax. Although I won't pay the fortune some do for "show" waxes, my old favourite was Collinite 476s as it gives a great finish, and lasts ages too. I tried another Bilt Hamber Product, Double Speed Wax. Again I can't help but be impressed with Bilt Hamber, I've not tried anything of theirs I've not been very impressed with! I'll let the pics do the talking on this.

Finally, at the same time of applying the Cquartz, I applied Carpro Dlux. I used Gtechniq C4 a few years ago and thought it was pretty good, so the reason I used the Dlux was it was affectively the same thing only a bit cheaper. Whilst its worked really well on the rubber window surrounds, the roof trim, door handles, and in particular the splitter faded very quickly indeed. Again its supposed to be a semi permanent product, but I certainly won't be using it again, even though I still have about 2/3 of the bottle left.

I read reviews on Detailing world about something called Solution Finish, so thought I'd give it a go. Its like a dye so my fingers are still showing signs of black colour despite being washed about 20 times since!

Must say the matt finish it provides looks excellent at the moment, and apparently it'll last a good few months too. Fingers crossed it does as this may well become my go to product for trim too. Only time will tell though.

Anyway, Pics!

DSC_0136_zpsrh0oy4vo.jpg

DSC_0138_zpshk64jjdf.jpg

DSC_0139_zpszo8z5sco.jpg

DSC_0137_zpsukz9m2xb.jpg

The car looks great Sean . Good write up for those products . I will be on the look out for some new stuff soon so I will be giving these a go . In particular the plastic revivers and sealers . My splitter is only two years old but it looks like it's been on the car for years .

Car looks great.

I have that Solution Finish as well and used it on the roof rails, I need to do them properly and the rest of the black bits as its superb.