sankysvr6

New Wheels Finally

Well I managed to source some RH ZW1's been after these wheels for awhile.

The wheels are 8j and 9j wide, but I'm planning on to rebuild these so they are all 8j.

The wheels are not in great condition at the moment, with kerbing on the inside as well as the outside of the rims. But I'm hoping to grind the inside of the rims and re-profile, the best I can.

The wheels before collecting them.

a42b25421dcce347a04b1db2fd319520.jpg

06de96f8be573706333e5f1a96422786.jpg

485bb960cb9003af1efb48b7140edaa2.jpg

ac2dfe44bdc588f5cfcedc917741f045.jpg

I've also managed to pick some 1.25" outers from eBay at a bargain price I think.

8ef5764455097f594be4a348ee2d6b18.jpg

They just need the lacquer stripping off, and then some slight dings need a minor repair.

Started on striping the outer rims,

a7c88b28c186251a067cfcac7983baa0.jpg

668d7a698bfe3868c3e40ae3b53ae385.jpg

All done

06a8782b98c4dfcc07aad7df3a0706ad.jpg

Next to remove the slight dings, and then a re-polish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by sankysvr6

Great wheels, and good job on cleaning. I polished the lips on my wheels and painted the center parts because polishing of the center pieces requires way to much time.

As for the center color how about silver(grey) with bright red Center caps like on this wheel: ROTIFORM® - BWE 3PC Any Single Generic Color with Polished Lip It looks really decent in my opinion.

Edited by CARiDcom

Thanks for the positive comments.

After I completed the stripping of the lacquer, I dropped them off to local metal polishing company in Halifax. Got them back yesterday and they have turned out really well, they have even managed to remove some of the dings that were in the rims

Will post some pictures of them, once I have given them the final polish.

Not sure what to do with the centres yet, stick with a silver or go with a colour.

Edited by sankysvr6

Thanks for the positive comments.

After I completed the stripping of the lacquer, I dropped them off to local metal polishing company in Halifax. They've turned out really well, they even managed to remove the dings that were in the rims. Will post some pictures of them, once I've given them the final polish.

Not sure what to do with the centres yet, stick with a silver or go with a colour.

Gold fella, it's what I would do with a red car. CAS coatings will powercoat them at £1 per inch

What's your plans for the wider dishes?I have a set of 8.5s all round and wouldn't mind making rears 9s.

What's your plans for the wider dishes?I have a set of 8.5s all round and wouldn't mind making rears 9s.

Possibly sell them, you interested?

Gold fella, it's what I would do with a red car. CAS coatings will powercoat them at £1 per inch

I have thought about gold, but just not sure if its going to be to much in your face.

Well I'm not totally decided, on what to do with them. But I'll give you shout if I do sell.

I will be having the original outers cleaned and polished once I strip them down, so should be all good.

They 9j outers are 2.25" wide. I believe all RH ZW1 have barrels are 6.75" wide.

Well managed to get the wheels sort of cleaned up, before I strip them down altogether.

All were in this state

f95034c9316393afd96b700e92d47376.jpg

After

9df3ec45058c92d7603bfec302418b27.jpg

9d02de90a5b9033955481625c07176b7.jpg

After some measuring up of the wheels, it seems the 8j rims are actually 8.5j. So good job I bought the standard 1.25" rims off eBay to make 8j's

Edited by sankysvr6