Ginger60

DIY supercharger service

Hello,

Can anyone advise me on doing my own G60 service. Im an engineer by trade so competent to proceed.

Cheers

there are refurb kits out there and aslong as you use the correct grease you should be fine ive heard you have to heat bearings up and cool parts down to get it all to fit but nothing an engineer anit used to

talk to jabba in Peterborough or only charged dubs for advice failing that google G60 refurb kit

Once you get in about them they are not too bad to work on. As mentioned the bearing at the exhaust end needs heat to get it out and the new one back in as you can't get at it with a press. You also re-use the metal springs underneath the apex strips so be careful not to damage them. You may need to retention them if they have gone flat. Don't skimp on cheap ebay parts either, especially the oil seals as if there is a weak link in the chain it's the oil seals. Also replace the wood-ruff keys in both shafts.

I was going to rebuild my supercharger myself last year but by the time I had sourced a kit from a reputable supplier it was hardly any cheaper than getting it built by someone with years of experience working on these units. I got JMR to rebuild mine. If you are going to do it your self Bar Tek sell full rebuild kits. Use a heat gun to heat the casing to get the bearings in and out.

Edited by vonslack

Thanks guys that's all sound advice, I will make the enquiries and will put my progress & findings on here. It's definitely looking hard to source a decent kit so far...