Sign in to follow this  
RadoAds

WHY SHOULD I BUY A G60!!!

Thanks Ken, but at least have the decency to quote in context with the disclaimer that power-to-weight ratio is not necessarily a true comparison of performance:

What is this? Middle school? Sorry sir..... I'll do my lines tonight.

I was using a 'real world' example, which is more useful than theorising.

What is this? Middle school? Sorry sir..... I'll do my lines tonight.

Prep school actually, expect a sound thrashing :)

I was using a 'real world' example, which is more useful than theorising.

No problem with that, I wasn't disputing your "real world" example, I was backing up what I had said previously about the relative weights of the cars and the effect that has on the power-to-weight ratio, in light of your response (weights taken from the owners manual) which may have led some to believe that I was merely making it all up!

However, I am inclined to question the weight figures given on the CCGB website and go with the owner's manual figures instead. It does seem a bit unlikely that the VR6's engine is a full 125 kg heavier than the G60's...

Time for ten of the best you young whipper snappers!!

headmaster-sepia.jpg

I dunno what kinda school you went to Blair, but I think you should leave that one right there!! :D

Damn. I typed that didn't I. I only meant to think it.

I hate it when that happens.

Jim.....classic....FBLOL! Always there to supply us with some funny pics!

Blair, nah I wasn't trying to say the info you aquired was rubbish, I just always quote from the manual, wasn't trying to 'correct you'. I dunno why but I always seem to remember that the G60 is, err, 60 kilos lighter than the VR. Maybe that's what the name implies and not in fact a 60 mm swirly spinny thing bolted to the front of the engine?

Kev, I know you weren't saying what I quoted was rubbish, I just wanted to check it out in case anyone reading the thread thought I was just making it all up :)

125kg does sound too much of a difference though. I suspect the CCGB site has transposed some figures maybe - you've got 1150kg, they've got 1115...?

FIGHT...............FIGHT....................FIGHT......................FIGHT.........................FIGHT.........................FIGHT :lol:

Nah, people can generally tell when someone is making something up :wink:

I always thought the weight difference between the two was huge too, but the manual says otherwise. Not sure where CCGB got the info from but my manual is from a late car, so may take into account the 15 gallon tanks and other stuff later G60s got?

Could be...the larger fuel tank would certainly account for some of it.

There's only one thing for it - find a weighbridge :)

Right, lets settle all this BS.

No G60 8v, in whatever state of tune is a match for a well tuned and driven VR6. simple as that. and a 200BHP G60 is definitely no match for a 200BHP VR6, power to weight or not, the g60 will lose.

as fo all this "the Vr6 in heavy" nonsense, I can tell you for an absolute FACT that my corrado handles 10 times better with the VR in it than it ever did with the 8v in it (which incidentally would have made it lthe lightest corrado model...)

The ONLY reason people say the VR doesn't handle is because it's got too much torque to put through the front wheels with the stock diff, and when you try to do it you'll get wheelspin and understeer.

ahhhh.....but what *if* the G60 also has a diff and is also well-driven????? :wink: ......at the end of the day its all down to the driver :wink:

No G60 8v, in whatever state of tune is a match for a well tuned and driven VR6. simple as that. and a 200BHP G60 is definitely no match for a 200BHP VR6, power to weight or not, the g60 will lose.

A bit hard to quantify, that one :) There are so many variables (driver, tyres, suspension, gearbox, state of tune of either car etc. etc.) it doesn't stand up as universally true unless you're talking about the potential that the VR6 has to exceed the G60 in virtually every area thanks to a cubic capacity that's over half as much again :)

Don't get me wrong; I'm no advocate of either model over the other (love 'em both!), and I've not said a word against the VR6 (and certainly not said anything as grossly stupid as "the VR doesn't handle"!), all I've done is talk about relative expense of tuning mods, and relative weight to carry with whatever engine you choose.

Jeez, you'd think I'd said the VR6 was a shopping car or something! If it was, I wouldn't be considering moving from a G60 to a VR6 :)

ahhhh.....but what *if* the G60 also has a diff and is also well-driven????? :wink: ......at the end of the day its all down to the driver :wink:

the charger will still blow up...... :p

H100VW's just got one... 8) 8) 8)

Still in the same state as it was 2 months ago unfortunately. :cry: Still waiting on the charger. :roll: Hope to have it sorted for Tatton tho.

Gavin

timing chains on vr`s are just as an expensive problem as a charger :?

new chains £250

new charger £1500

nah, sorry, not buying that one.

Noooooo, people, let's be happy, have some dope or something, and just be pleased with what we're driving. The TRUE enemies are the Goofs, Rice-Cookers and other inferior cars (brands).

We're driving a Rado after all, whatever version, it's a Rado :D

Tempest

Very true :)

Also good to remember that almost EVERYONE loves the Corrado, whether they own one or not...