Sign in to follow this  
RadoAds

WHY SHOULD I BUY A G60!!!

"Why should i buy a G60"

Because they are much easier and cheaper to tune than any other model of corrado.

and they are cheaper than a vr usually

altho you have got a bit of a risk with the charger,

but i think there a little unusual and different to most cars out there.

"Why should I buy a G60"

because it'll stop this bl**dy thread from spiralling out of control on vaguely related rubbish, that's why!

vaguely related rubbish

To be fair, it has all been on-topic so far. The guy did open the can of worms by asking about the G60 vs VR6 :)

It's a good thought though. Buy my G60 then, and I'll go and buy myself a VR6. Then everyone's happy :)

I've already GOT a VR6, why would I want to downgrade?

Uh oh, why did I say that? ;)

I think he means me, I started the topic (sorry!!) I am interested in buying a g60 or vr as my 16v has just been wrote off by the ins. company as long as you want peanuts for it :wink:

I wondered where that went...

Don't you remember helping me get it in the back of my car?!?

Yep, it was a nice fit. Certainly it fit in your car better than it fit in my dining room!

as long as you want peanuts for it

About 7000 small bags of Planter's Dry Roasted would just about cover it ;)

:shock: think of all the beer youd need to wash them down with though, im only thinking of your health, lets say £500 and at least your liver will still be intact

No G60 8v, in whatever state of tune is a match for a well tuned and driven VR6. simple as that. and a 200BHP G60 is definitely no match for a 200BHP VR6, power to weight or not, the g60 will lose.

Hmmmn, interesting concept but I beg to differ.

My G60 has 244.5 BHP at the flywheel and is considerably quicker than a VR6 C and that was when it had 9 x 16" wheels on :). Also seem to remember that when my G60 had only 200 BHP it went up against a 195 BHP ish (?) VR6 C on the dual carriageway and was a good deal quicker (correct me if I'm wrong here) (as well as the small matter of beating a Fiat Coupe 20v turbo [220 BHP as standard] at Crail Raceway when it was run up the quarter mile) :-P

Cheers,

BigEastsideVWG60

No G60 8v, in whatever state of tune is a match for a well tuned and driven VR6. simple as that. and a 200BHP G60 is definitely no match for a 200BHP VR6, power to weight or not, the g60 will lose.

Hmmmn, interesting concept but I beg to differ.

My G60 has 244.5 BHP at the flywheel and is considerably quicker than a VR6 C and that was when it had 9 x 16" wheels on :). Also seem to remember that when my G60 had only 200 BHP it went up against a 195 BHP ish (?) VR6 C on the dual carriageway and was a good deal quicker (correct me if I'm wrong here) (as well as the small matter of beating a Fiat Coupe 20v turbo [220 BHP as standard] at Crail Raceway when it was run up the quarter mile) :-P

Cheers,

BigEastsideVWG60

it depends on which C VR6 it is that you've put it up against...............mine prior to getting the schrick fitted has beaten pretty easily a hi-mile C VR6 that tried it on......and mine has had some pretty "low" RR figures in the past........doesnt make mine the ultimate VR tho...........as for when your's had "only" 200bhp......it also still produced more torque that what it does now........from what i heard from a certain Golf VR owner your 244bhp G60 wasn't pulling away from him if at all in one of your recent races :roll:

at the end of the day it all depends on the driver................200bhp G60 v 200bhp VR(same box ratios etc).........it'll be down to which driver is the more "committed" and whoever gets the start

No G60 8v, in whatever state of tune is a match for a well tuned and driven VR6. simple as that. and a 200BHP G60 is definitely no match for a 200BHP VR6, power to weight or not, the g60 will lose

Can someone explain to me why this is true? I dont understand that if the 2 cars have the same power, and the G60 is lighter, why will the VR be quicker? :?: :?

I dont think thats strictly true....

G60 with 200bhp

VR6 with 200bhp

From standing start the VR6 will win - simply because of the gearing... the G60 will start to catch up as it gets into 3rd gear.... once the speeds go above 100mph then the capacity of the VR lump will pull the car ahead...

But even so the G60 will 'worry' the VR6 quite easily... especially when it starts to get twisty at speed as the G60 is lighter....

I dont think thats strictly true....

G60 with 200bhp

VR6 with 200bhp

From standing start the VR6 will win - simply because of the gearing... the G60 will start to catch up as it gets into 3rd gear.... once the speeds go above 100mph then the capacity of the VR lump will pull the car ahead...

But even so the G60 will 'worry' the VR6 quite easily... especially when it starts to get twisty at speed as the G60 is lighter....

thats why i mentioned in my post about *them* having same boxes :wink:

as for 244bhp........its also about torque too...........his 244bhp also has 200lb/ft......so really his is all top end

Yup I agree... either way they are two different type of cars - I have driven both and prefer the VR6 - but thats just me.... :)

Yup I agree... either way they are two different type of cars - I have driven both and prefer the VR6 - but thats just me.... :)

me too :D

Sorry that I have read all 300 posts in detail ;), but could you give me the quote that says 'same power, same gear ratios' please?