chopper666

Bypass heater matrix

Hey

I've bypassed my heater matrix by joint the two pipes together which enter bulkhead. I've run the car upto temperature and now the fans don't kick in until I switched the engine off

They worked before anyone any idea

You may have disturbed some of the wiring to the fan controller or temp sensors while you were working. Check them all out. Depends on what type of engine you have. The heater matrix itself plays no part in the operation of the fans - it's just a small radiator.

It's a 93 vr6 I will double check all the wiring tomorrow but it just baffled me to how fans work when ignition is off but not when engine is running I thought a stuck thermostat or something

Corrado's have a mind of their own,it doesn't matter how much love you shower on them,they still play up !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is an ignition-off after-run delay timer on the fan controller to cool down the engine after a hot run. This is also why the electric aux water pump will run for a while after you have switched off the car. My old Audi had it too. Look for the "definitive VR6 cooling" thread on here for more info.