robrado974

Changing the oil senders .

I have oil coming out of the housing where the senders are located . I've just got two replacements from TPS . Any thing I should know about before doing the job ? , it looks like you just take off the connectors and unscrew the old ones . The screw in the new ones , replace the electrical plugs and it's done .

Many thanks

Rob .

Yeah, that's about the long and tall of it. Did mine a few weeks back for the same reason. Some long extension bars (wobble ones worked best) on a socket set reach down past the manifold.

Thanks Tigerfish , I thought as much . I will have to get a pole with a rag on the end to clean it , it's difficult to get to . I don't won't to remove the front end to get to it really .

Yeh mate easy job I replaced the high-pressure sensor last month, 24mm socket with a long extension bar. My lad helped me to guide it on the sensor from underneath.

As long as you don't have airco like me... Its easy.... I found taking the headlight out the way to do it. Couple of screws and a connector.

Edited by delfinis38

Headlight on the driver's side out is a definite help. Use some pen oil first as well as they will likely have been there a long time and a deep or even better a hollow socket. Best of luck.

yea headlight out is best way or you need a long nose wide socket, with headlight out adjustable wrench is all you need

The Halfrauds pro hollow sockets are great though. I use an 11mm to bleed the brakes without having to touch the drain hose and you have ratchet control!

The Halfrauds pro hollow sockets are great though. I use an 11mm to bleed the brakes without having to touch the drain hose and you have ratchet control!

nice tip!

I hope so , it's nice and clean on top of the housing . It needs a good run with the pressure up . Hopefully all should be well .