chur1996

Electric Windows Fuse

Anyone able to point me in the right direction? I've had a few electrical gremlins recently and now both windows have stopped working.

The handbook helpfully lists all 21 fuses from left to right along the bottom, but then there are 5 others that it just says are in spare slots! I do not know where or which this is!

I know a 20A fuse is required, all help gratefully accepted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be fuse 14 actually... I maybe thinking of a relay that's not in the fusebox or a fuse that is mounted above...

These cars are different though depending on model year so best to look in the instruction manual.

Also have a look at this thread -

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?44377-Is-my-thinking-right-with-blowing-window-fuse&highlight=electric+window+fuse

If you tilt the fuse box down, they should be visible above the relays. They sort of clip to the top of the fuse box, nd its quite possible that they've been dislodged over the years, so may be residing somewhere amongst the looms behind it.

It's a '94 M VR6 if that helps. That makes sense actually Sean, when I took the fuse box cover off, a 20A fuse fell out onto the floor - I wondered where it came from! The AA guy might have dislodged it when he re-fitted the cover the other night. I'll get back on my knees and have a look!

My window fuse (14 or 15) was driving me nuts blowing randomly at one point and someone on the forum suggested I check the feed to the heated washer jets which it turned out to be. The feed wire was shorting where it attaches to the bonnet by the scuttle cover.

Weirdly the windows would still operate with the fuse popped if the doors were open, but not when closed.

Cheers guys, managed to find it at the top of the fusebox above the relays (obscured by wiring!) My full closure alarm works again now too!

Just another thing to check if the fuse for the electric windows pops. Fuse 14 was randomly popping on my car, also taking out the mirrors and reverse lights with it(all on the same fuse). I traced the fault to the live feed for the reverse light switch that had been chafing on the front cross member and shorting out. I made a small repair with solder and heatshrink and re wrapped the loom, had no troubles since.