stuarttaylor37

8v matts led headlight switches

I have a couple of these fitted in my cars. The green ring has always remained illuminated when the lights are on fully ...in the past few days the one in my daily now only has the red bulb sign illuminated in the sidelight and headlight position. The fuse fitted to prevent loom fires has also blown. When I replaced the fuse the green ring still does not illuminate. I have searched and found this info from the forum

"The green light on the headlight switch should work as follows...

Switch off - green light off

Switch to side light position - green light on

Switch to main beam position - green light off again (regardless whether dipped or full)"

My question then is do other people with the led switches as supplied by Matt find the green ring stays on in both the sidelight and headlight on position?

I have a couple of these fitted in my cars. The green ring has always remained illuminated when the lights are on fully ...in the past few days the one in my daily now only has the red bulb sign illuminated in the sidelight and headlight position. The fuse fitted to prevent loom fires has also blown. When I replaced the fuse the green ring still does not illuminate. I have searched and found this info from the forum

"The green light on the headlight switch should work as follows...

Switch off - green light off

Switch to side light position - green light on

Switch to main beam position - green light off again (regardless whether dipped or full)"

My question then is do other people with the led switches as supplied by Matt find the green ring stays on in both the sidelight and headlight on position?

Yes. The green light stays on in both positions on the new switches.

Stuart, the Green ring indications you've quoted there are for the standard switch mate. I believe the one supplied by Matt stays on in both positions.

I cut out the red LED on one of my new replacement switches and removed that part of the wiring so now it only illuminates the green one. More "OEM stealth"