Sign in to follow this  
Andi

Group Buy: Indiglo black Corrado dials - Abandonned

Right then, ladies and gentlemen, we're back on track with the dials group-buy.

From the previous thread, it was narrowly decided that the dials will be black and black by night also, but glowing markers, numbers etc in the usual Indiglo style.

I am hoping the actual design will be similar to this:

http://www.dubdesignindustries.com/cata ... 0rings.jpg

or this, but lighting up white, rather than blue:

http://www.oichan.org/mods/gauge/gauge.htm

There will be a couple of alterations though:

-- Water temp in deg C

-- Speedo in MPH, with small KM/H markings too (probably an inner-ring). Because of this, the 'Corrado' emblem will be moved to the rev counter, just like the original dials.

-- Petrol guage will remain indiscriminate, so that they are compatible with 12 and 15 gallon tanks.

-- Go upto 160mph, as per UK guages

There are a couple of other considerations too:

-- Again, you will be buying 2 sets. This just makes the group-buy simpler for the numbers, and the majority of us will be able to shift the other one - lets just not all flood ebay at once, eh?!

-- Not suitable to 1.8 16v owners - your rev counter goes to 8k

-- Needle illumination will be confirmed and sorted by Henny. We'll make sure its a complete package as possible so resale is not difficult. A small extra cost may be involved in this - but it should be minimal.

-- If you want to buddy up with someone to go halves, do it privately. Don't bog up this thread with requests.

-- Total dials available will be 50 exactly, so 25 sets.

-- Prices will be confirmed nearer the time, but its likely to be the same as the original thread: about £40 gets your the pair. Money will be up-front before manufacture can proceed. We will be given designs, etc, beforehand though - don't worry. We might have to pay import tax too, so there might be a couple more quid to consider.

Dick Dastardly is the front-man and doing the leg-work for me (I'm getting old... :lol:) however I'll still be handling the money-side of things, just as a familiarity point-of-view.

Please PM Dick Dastardly to be placed on the list. Everybody from the old list will needs to reapply, as we need to assertain who's still interested since the dials are black. Again, please don't clog up the thread with 'add me please!'.

Ah crap... :mad:

OK fellow corrado lovers,

As Andi has stated the group buy is on the first 25 names are guarenteed their dials. The money is up front to pay for the production which Andi will be collecting. The details will follow in due course of the complete costings and payment methods.If there is sufficient interest then another 50 sets can be purchased at a later date.

The list of names will appear as and when I receive the names. :mrgreen:

If there is any questions please do not ask them on thread as most will already have been answered in the previous thread(its eleven pages long so the answer must be there somewhere)

Production is around 4-6 weeks after we confirm the design and content of the dials.

Dick Dastardly(yes)

Andi x2 (greedy)(yes)

Henny

Supercharged (yes)

Pau1(yes)

Quikstu

Ka`(yes)

supercharged junkie(yes)

tattie(yes)

leavon(yes)

anubis(yes)

bobbywhacker

quikstu

brokenman(yes)

slot

vw0-7(yes)

rob hearne(yes)

g60dee(yes)

g1xxeruk(yes)

blinky16v(yes)

storm2(yes)

stel g60(yes)

andy vlw(yes)

ruffy(yes)

greegs(yes)

redlee(yes)

kadvr6(yes)

Ah crap... :mad:

Well, you can buy a set if you want, but your rev counter will be wrong unless you can get it adjusted somehow.....

Well, you can buy a set if you want, but your rev counter will be wrong unless you can get it adjusted somehow.....

I may be able to provide a supplier to make parts to allow the 16v clocks work accurately with the 7K redline dials... the only thing is that you'd be revving OFF the clocks quite regularly during "spirited" driving... ;) :?

Come on people! Have we got 25 orders yet. These dials look fantastic. Andi can i pay you using nochex ?

Hey Andi,

Sorry to do this but as im trying to sell my G60 and have bought my new car I don't really need the dials now. Hope this helps someone who does want them.

Thomas

Sorry for adding a dumb question, please excuse, just need to clarify for my brain.

Found the thread by lookin up indiglo, will these final ones actually be blue at night like the Golf MkIV's, or come up white as shown in pics.(sorry for being so dense!)Really after the blue/red glow look of my bro's 1.8T!

Cheers guys!

The final design is undecided at the mo, we were gonna see what they came up with and go from there, really.

But the blue/red is a little last year, m8......

Reason i ask about blue red is that i had similar white on last car, my old 200sx and it got a bit tiring on the eyes after a while at night, plus blue red matches perfect with Blaupunkt kit i use.

yeh put me in !! :)

Just my 2 pennies but i prefer the first set . they look alot classyer !! (is that a word ) ? oh well :lol:

Sorry for the delay in responding to the PM my computer was virused up Had to take it down to the STD clinic to get rid of the problem. Numbers are at 23 atr this moment, with three more showing interest I will contact them if the are still in then i will contact the manufacturers. This will mean monies to be sent to Andi.