RS G60

VW Motorsport VSR cover plate

Hi Guys,

I have tried this before but really want to get a result.

What I am after is a technical drawing or a 1:1 scan of the cover plate for the VW Motorsport VSR.

You know the thing with the VW Motorsport logo and Pierberg logo stamped or cast in to it.

Since we live in the age of 3D printing and all sorts are craziness please help me get this going.

My VSR didn't come with the cover plate and I have only seen one for sale on Ebay Germany, yes I missed out on it.

If you have one laying around I am willing to take it off your hands.

Someone has to know someone that can either source the technical drawings or a scan of the cover plate.

I really want my VSR to look the way it should especially since there is only a limited number of them around.

Thanks all.

I also have an un-covered VSR manifold.

I ultimately got the kit from G60MAT (http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?92165-Genuine-VWMS-VSR-VR6-VW-Motorsport-Manifold-Setup-SOLD) - his original advert suggested he could "work with the purchaser to produce a new badge".

Admittedly, we would still need an original cover plate to replicate...

I can assist you and even contribute towards costs?

Thanks Philly-R6 for your reply.

I would expect Volkswagen Motorsport to still have the pattern to press a cover so if anyone has a contact that would be great. VW Classic Parts can't help, obviously this was long shot but I still gave it a crack.

The biggest thing is to get word out that there that there are very loyal enthusiasts that want to get their VSR back to how it was originally.

Failing getting a hand from Volkswagen Motorsport a technical drawing or a 1:1 scan of the cover plate you be the first step to getting this going.

It is a rare item and a piece of VW history that deserves being seen at its best.

So get behind this guys, especially because with the limited numbers of the VSR it is never going to be a commercially convincing idea.

Thanks Philly-R6 and anyone else that can chime in to help.

Oh yes I have been in touch with Trimsport.

The guys were willing to help but we still need a technical drawing or a 1:1 scan to work from.

Even better would be a loan of someones cover plate ;)

Yeah probably not going to happen.

If I had one I would gladly loan it to you. Love to see people tackling these kinds of projects. Good luck.

Thank Jim.

Appreciate your offer, if only you had one.

Anyone else have a contact somewhere that could help?

Hi Guys,

Hands up who has a VWMS VSR manifold?!!!

Can someone take some detailed measurements and a right angled photo straight from above?

The standard piece is pressed by the looks of it so a male and female die needs to be produced to accurately reproduce the cover.

For this to happen we really need those measurements and a photo from directly above at 90 degrees to the floor.

Please help.

I have one on mine but it's got the Pierburg logo on it as part of the casting, no obvious separate plate. I take it I can't be of any help either.

I could help out..

Take some measurments and then try and replicate the logos and text with a piece of paper and a pencil, I dont know what its called but you will see all the details on the paper when I rubb the pencil over it.

And then one of you can use that to do something?

934719_1699786640297962_4307950976084601766_n.jpg?oh=d35191d141fbf87cfd65d726f2e46689&oe=5910A530

I could help out..

Take some measurments and then try and replicate the logos and text with a piece of paper and a pencil, I dont know what its called but you will see all the details on the paper when I rubb the pencil over it.

And then one of you can use that to do something?

934719_1699786640297962_4307950976084601766_n.jpg?oh=d35191d141fbf87cfd65d726f2e46689&oe=5910A530

thats a good idea - like an old school charcoal rub we used to do at school

it could then be scanned to produce a 2D template & the 3D work done from there

Hi All,

That could work although maybe a high resolution photo taken at as close to perfectly above as possible should be even better.

I have been in contact with VW Classic parts who were also in contact with VW Racing but no love.

If 5 people were interested it could make the cost fairly digestible for each unit.

Additional measurements of the pointed fingers in-between the inlets tracts would be good as well.

The only to make it even more accurate would be to find someone with a loose cover to get a full digital scan.

Now that would be great, anyone?!