robrado974

Cam position sensor , can it cause engine damage ??

I've looked online and apparently left unchecked it can . Can anyone shed any light on this for me please ?. I'm just after other opinions .

Thank you .

Rob .

Never heard of it causing damage it goes into a reduced mode when there is a fault with it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It's all to do with my TSI problems John . We received the vagcom report from VW ,when they sent it to auction . There were two faulty sensors and the warning light was on . The garage we bought it from said there was no warning light on in the car when they purchased it . Very strange ! . I think they are lying . We've had the engine rebuilt as we had no choice . Online it says if unchecked a cam sensor can cause serious damage , I'm just after other opinions .

Rob .

Ah ive heard about the cam follower in these cars if left unchanged damaging the cams.

Not about the cam sensor strange engine the tsi.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Cam sensor is used for ignition timing. If it is faulty the map changes to limp mode. On the other hand the crank sensor will always report an error with the engine not running. Two different sensors.