Sign in to follow this  
M15 VW

F*ck*ng Insurance Company

I cant believe anyone would own a Corrado without at least putting a CAT 1 alarm and immobiliser on it.... you are simply asking to have it stolen otherwise.

Having just read this thread I phoned my insurance company (Admiral) to check my cover as I have an alarm and as far as I know it is not Thatcham approved. The customer services department reassured me that they were happy to cover the car as long as it did have an alarm, there was no prerequisite for Thatcham approval.

Sounds too good to be true given they were very cheap as well.

Well, it's not the best news I'm afraid... they only do one cat 2 imob and that they get that trade for just under £120 so with fitting you're looking at the special "for Phil" price of £150. They can do you a Cat 1 Alarm and Imobiliser for just shy of £350 and that would be Cobra or Sigma. I've got the Sigma system and it's a good one i.e. I haven't had it stolen yet :lol: (also gives you full closure)

Sorry the prices aren't any better, I can vouch for the quality of their work though so maybe worth the extra... PM if any of this is of interest.

Phil

150 for a cat 2 is insane. :shock: :cry: They only cost £30 to buy in, if you get them in large enough quantity. Is their premises gold plated?

I'd do a CAT1 for £200. Big drive up to here though. :roll:

Phil, if yours is the special price, what is the full one?

Gavin

I have no idea... thats just what they quoted me. I guess not many people have cat 2 fitted so they buy in when they need them :roll: