Jono Cox

Late corrado dash light issue

Hi,

After some newbie advice regarding dashboard lights not working.

The clocks, heater, cigerette lights don't illuminate when you turn on the Light switch. Normal interior lights work fine as do the warning lights, Indicator on the dash clocks. I've looked at all the fuses all seem OK.

Would it be possible that all the lights went at the same time?

The light switch illuminates when you turn it on and the fog light buttons light up when they are pressed.ive pulled the dash clocks out and the bulbs Seem to be fine is it worth changing them anyway?

Anyhelp or advice would be a massive help.

Check the interior dimming roller is set fully up on the headlight switch first mate. I've done it before and scratched my head!

ive noticed the switch looks a bit dodgey to be honest it's falling apart do the dimmers play up my old mk2 gti one was rubbish.

They're not particularly effective. It's either off for 90% of the travel, or on at full brightness when jammed to the stop. The whole switch is a common weak point, but there are decent aftermarket alternatives from a guy that does them on here (forgot his username). Do a Google search for Corrado headlight switch and you'll find the thread.

Thanks I've found him matt8v I think. Heritage still sell the original to be fair but it's £70.

They are a fire hazard, or so the forum says. I've fitted a matt8v one just out of precaution.

Fit the matt8v one. Half that price, far better quality than the oe one without any issues. They are good.🖒

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I've sent Matt a message I'll see what he says fingers crossed he has some thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk