jaybo

Portable door locks?

So tried locking my car the other day and this happened? Id rather keep it attached to the car if possible. Can this be fixed with a few parts from your good sells or do I need to recode a new tumbler with my shims?

[ATTACH]84544[/ATTACH]

Wow, That's a first.. How the hell did it all fall to bits??

Your gonna need a locking circlip, locking lever, spring and possibly quite a few lock tumblers..

Let me see what i have left in a big bag of old door handles, if i have one or two levers i'll post hem over.

Cheers.

It depends on how many bits went missing when the lock barrel came out! If the lock pins still sit flush with the edge of the barrel when the key is inserted fully, then it is just the retaining circlip at the end that is missing - other wise you will either need to replace the whole barrel, needing a new key, or re-tumble the existing one with some spares.

First step would be to remove the whole handle from the door and try to figure out why the circlip came off - they are on pretty tight by default and take some effort to remove.

I'd take the inner door panel off and retrieve the bits from the bottom of the door. The barrel and tumblers looks complete to me so maybe the C clip has broken?

Cheers guys. When I got the car it was fine so the bits must be in the door still. The shims still move as expected when the key is inserted so fingers crossed it is just a shot circlip. Guessing it's pretty self expalatory when I fish the bits out. Can you get circlips still if mine is shot?

Cheers guys. When I got the car it was fine so the bits must be in the door still. The shims still move as expected when the key is inserted so fingers crossed it is just a shot circlip. Guessing it's pretty self expalatory when I fish the bits out. Can you get circlips still if mine is shot?