Sign in to follow this  
reg

just finished my elise driving day

wow.

the elise is the best car ever.

hurtling up to corners around castle combe at 80mph, brakes, turn, power and it just wanted more!!!

didn't make the tyres squeal once, but had them wailing in the scooby WRX! :D

my favourite part of that course has to be tower corner and bobbies coz it is so fast.

and best of all, i got top of the class with 92%! first time on the track too.

sorry but i hate elise with a passion cant stand them

rather have a super 7 or a clio cup alot better car and much more fun but then they suit my kind of driving alot better :D

p.s good u had a good day thou lol you shoudl try a palmer sports day ;) ;)

I dont know how anyone can despise the Elise after driving one, its trully a perfect drivers car, I enjoyed my trackday which was a birthday present 5 years ago so much that we named our daughter Elise, shes now 4 :D

mate i did this day at silverstone!!!!!

could of had the ferrari but they would let youdrive them as hard as the elise so i had the elise!!!! wow is an understatement!!!!

my girlfriend wouldnt let me drive home afterwards as i was soooooo hyper!!!! very good day out..... i was overtaking everyone by the end of the day!!!!! very 8)

There's no denying the Elise's poise and balance and it's a BRITISH designed and built car 8)

Personally I would prefer a VX220R or the hardtop Elise Extreme, but even a standard Elise is plenty to piss all over much more powerful machinery, especially on a track.

i cant stand them if i had the choice of a elise, super 7 the elise would lose without any questions and ive driven the exige aswell and they where better but not alot

i can understand why people like them etc but its just not me

ive even made a mate of mine sell his due to the fact he was a bit nippier than me but that was it and i was driving round in alot more comfort than he could ever hope for out of those

now if you get a chance to drive a radical thats a completely different story :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :wink: its what the elise could never be but tried to be lol

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, dont mention that V word again, even if it is a turbod track day exocet, its still a V*uxh&ll :mad:

It's not a Vauxhall at all. There isn't a Vauxhall badge anywhere on it and it's an Elise with a different body, and the chassis gets the power it deserves. Yeah by all means mock the Vectra and Astra, but do not tar VX with the same brush until you've driven one.

I feel the same way about the Radical as you do the Elise. It looks sh1t.

Now, if we're moving onto 'serious' track cars, then look no further than the Dax Rush with blown Hayabusa engine.

Pretty cheap to buy as a kit actually :lol:

kev u recon with the dax??? i did love and enjoyed the super 7 if anyone gets a chance to drive one they where built to go side ways round corners :D well until my instructior got a bit feed up of me and started to cover my eyes down the striaght so i couldnt prepare the car for some sliding action ;) ;)

i still think the radical is the best track racing car still road legal :D

Absolutely. More than a match for a Super 7.

Ideally I'd prefer an Superlight R500 but they're expensive and I'd have to rip out the K series and fit something stronger. A vauxhall Grp A spec lump on T.bodies with 240bhp should do the trick :lol:

The Hybusa Dax Rush has won by miles in it's race class...and actually finished in first place even when racing cars in the class above, so err it's a bit quick to say the least. Something like 600bhp/tonne. Scruffythefirst (who'se building a Cossie engine Rush) got taken out round the streets of Harlow in the 'busa Rush and I don't think he stopped grinning for about 3 weeks. :D

Ay another Rush fan :lol:

For the money, they are pretty much the best space frame track car money can buy, at the moment.

The options are endless meaning you can build what you want, unlike Caterham who like to punt out ready assembled cars with *their* choice of engines and suspension.

looks like i need to get myself a test drive some how lol ;)

the one thing i waiting to drive is my mate is storngly considering put two bike engines in his mini cant remember the company that does it but when i was reading the spec it made my shit my pants it was that quick :D ;)

now lets hope he goes for it lol

kev cant remember the company as he showed me the site but they run aengien up frotn and one in the boot :)

also Dinkus i know what u mean but you can never knock the original mini they are amazing grest fun cars with alot of history to them and followings

i tell u something his mini turns more heads than my corrado even my mates low rider turns more heads than my corrado but i dont care because i know it looks great :D

Been to the Lotus factory in Norfolk and the VX220 is built on the same tracks in the factory just across from the Elises! They are the same bloomin car!

And after you've driven the Elise, its hard not to be blown away by it.. its a total riot, what with that engine booming away behind you, and the total chuckability.. instructor just kept ordering me to go quicker and quicker.. who was I to argue!! :D

I heard a few years ago of a company that was putting the Integra type R engine in the old minis, never seen one but i bet that really did fly when the vtec kicked in :evil:

I am doing a driving day on the 14th of August at Bruntingthorpe. I get 6 laps in a 996 Porker, 6 laps in a Ferrari 355, 6 laps in an Elise and 6 laps in a WRX. Can't wait. I have never really driven a rwd car quick, talk about in aat the deep end!! :shock: I have to thank the GF for buying it for my Birthday.

Youll enjoy it mate no end, make sure you take a camera and get plenty of pics just to show off in the pub :lol: 8)

Been to the Lotus factory in Norfolk and the VX220 is built on the same tracks in the factory just across from the Elises! They are the same bloomin car!

And after you've driven the Elise, its hard not to be blown away by it.. its a total riot, what with that engine booming away behind you, and the total chuckability.. instructor just kept ordering me to go quicker and quicker.. who was I to argue!! :D

hahaha, thats exactly what my guy said.

at the end i pulled over and said, wow, that was amazing thanks very much.

he looked at me, shook my hand and said, no thankyou, i enjoyed it too! 8)

I heard a few years ago of a company that was putting the Integra type R engine in the old minis, never seen one but i bet that really did fly when the vtec kicked in :evil:

People are doing the same with the Mk1 Elises now :D

Edit: Then promptly wrapping them round a tree *ahem*