Trevor morris

Values

Whot sort of money should be paid for a corrado storm,green with 46000 miles.This car was owned before by Chris Gaskill who sadly passed on.Ive read the comments on forum and he sounded a real nice man.The garage are looking for £22000 is the way over top book and is it worth this sort of money.

Thanks Trevor.

Its way over the top Trevor. Honestly, the car is one of if not THE best in the country, however that is an astronomical price and I don't think they'll ever shift it asking that. I'd go as far as saying its worth maybe 15k judging by recent sale prices, but I wouldn't pay much more if you're interested in it. Just seems like throwing the money away and having a slim idea on what the dealer paid for the car, they're certainly chancing their arm there!

you may well have opened a can of worms here Trevor

that (poor) rado has gone round the houses with traders & price hikes, with each trying to make their bit of cream without really doing anything to add value to it

there is lots of info on here & many posts, which i am sure people will pop up with

If you are looking for the best original Corrado this has got to be the one to have. There are plenty of other great Corrados available for considerably less, but they may have been restored rather than in original condition, they don't have the history of Chris Gaskill's car.

Thanks Sean for reply typical dealers,looks a great car and genuine to.Would you say 16000 is top money.

Absolutely mate. That I think would make it the highest paid for a Corrado in the UK since they were just a few years old which sounds daunting, but I don't think most would say you'd been ripped off at that price.

Could buy a £3k corrado and spend £15k on it and still be £4k better off, i think the whole original condition thing is a bit overrated if your buying it to drive. Unless you want to spend £22k on it and just show it off a handful of times a year and win a few cheap plastic trophies from the local cobbler.

You've got to remember that a lot of people don't know who Chris was so the providence doesn't really mean anything on this car other than to people who knew him or are involved in this forum. That's a select few in real terms.

The fact that it has original paint, history, condition etc is probably a bigger thing. I still cant see how they are worth that sort of money even one as nice as this. Current prices have been pulled up because of cars like this but in reality 99% of the other on the market are not even close to the condition of this car so IMO its over inflating the market at the moment or at very least asking prices.

£10k tops for this car, offer him that, they will reject but I bet in 2-3 months time when its still sitting there they will consider it. You have to remember that just because they are asking these prices doesn't mean they are selling. Does anyone know of a private seller that has paid 5 figures for one? It all seems to be dealers that are paying that sort of figure then bumping them up. Don't get me wrong if the prices are genuinely on the rise then I'll be happy as Im hoping to get another in the next couple of weeks but I really don't see massive increases in the near future.

Bear in mind that Chris Gaskells car came up for sale after his death, and it struggled to sell amongst enthusiasts on this very forum for the asking price of around £7,000. And that came with a wealth of stuff such as a full set of VW technical manuals, etc.

So don't waste your time with those dealers who've just turned up, done nothing, and are trying to profit on the back of the hard work and love of a man who was one of the most respected and knowledgeable Corrado enthusiasts in the history of the club / forum and just find another car - they don't deserve to take that kind of money for that car, having done nothing to it other than buy it. The whole situation makes me sick to my stomach.

Bear in mind that Chris Gaskells car came up for sale after his death, and it struggled to sell amongst enthusiasts on this very forum for the asking price of around £7,000. And that came with a wealth of stuff such as a full set of VW technical manuals, etc.

So don't waste your time with those dealers who've just turned up, done nothing, and are trying to profit on the back of the hard work and love of a man who was one of the most respected and knowledgeable Corrado enthusiasts in the history of the club / forum and just find another car - they don't deserve to take that kind of money for that car, having done nothing to it other than buy it. The whole situation makes me sick to my stomach.

here here - well said Jim!!

I totally agree with whot you said.im just looking for a car with that spec so if any come up for sale could you let me know.Thanks to all the other replies.

Cheers Trevor.

I totally agree with whot you said.im just looking for a car with that spec so if any come up for sale could you let me know.Thanks to all the other replies.

Cheers Trevor.

chuggs on here has a very nice low mileage blackbery VR that he may be parting with

Cheers Trevor.

I know Paul Kippax has been considering selling his multiple concours winning VR6 for some years - basically bone stock, black magic paint, with black leather interior. It's absolutely pristine. It was a regular competitor against Chris Gaskells car for many years. I don't know his exact price, but I'm quite he isn't looking for anything like what that dealer is looking for. Might be worth sending him a PM - his username is KIPVW.

It's a shame it's changing hands so much, just to boost people's profits.

It's a sad fact that people want it all for doing nothing.., but he's in business to make money, so what did you expect. ;)

I'm looking for a storm in green that's why I said about the one on fast classics,it seems they paid £17000 for it.

There was one on car and classics not too long ago

There are some crazy prices being asked by dealers at the moment..traders trying to sell 16valvers for £5k-£9k! There will not be a queue of people for these cars any time soon and a couple of immaculate VRs seem to have influenced unknowledgable/ unscrupulous sellers to chance their arms. I have thought Corrados have been under valued for the last few years but now see the trade severely over valuing average examples of condition and spec. Although these cars may not sell at the figures asked it will have the subliminal effect of pushing up prices/values across the board. I am always happy when good cars can be kept within the community, this does not appear to have happened with certain people recently.

Is the price rise not a good thing?? early 16 valve cars in nice original condition have definatly risen in value,which is good as its not all about VR6s, also i have seen some nice G60s sell for good money, these cars a rarer after all, will this not encourage owners to keep them longer with prices rising?